A Special Preview of Quadio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok guys and girls - upcoming titles are:

1. America -Holiday
2. Spinners
3. Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
4. Charles Mingus - Mingus Moves
Nothing there for me, especially considering extra costs getting them in the UK.

EDIT: thanks for the sad face fredblue, that's pretty much how I felt.

Last edited:
I used to use Tin Man as a demo to the Audio Club in the 70s It started with the guitar in the front center the the
vocal started in stereo the the chorus oped up in the rear channels it opened up the room
will the QUADIO releases put a stop on DV getting his hands on all that they have?
Actually I was referring in this case to Moondance, since I am going to re-buy this on blu-ray for the Atmos mix, after buying it on vinyl back in the day (I think I had it on cassette tape too) then CD, then the Deluxe Edition for the 5.1 mix on blu-ray. Whew 🤑
Having said that, I can’t wait to hear the America Quadio (especially after your description above!)
Their Homecoming album is one of my favorite surround discs.
Btw - that was on Audio Fidelity, not DV.
I don’t think DV has had access to the Warner catalog…which makes this Quadio series from Rhino even more exciting to my ears 👍🏼

A very strange age limit, anyone know what caused that? Adults only (18+) is much more common.

EDIT: Or is this US alcohol laws, where you can get married, have children, fight and die for your country, but not drink alcohol?
As a friend at work says… “Correctum!”
P.S. - you left off the right to vote and the ability to buy guns of almost any kind prior to 21…🤔

Sabotage - nope.
Atlantic Crossing - possibly. Artist consent would be a "speed bump."
Energized - signs point to yes. R&R Outlaws - no.
Beach Boys - not ours.
With Everything I Feel - lost rights to Aretha's estate. The last 4 Atlantic albums reverted to her.
Eagles, Desperado - nope.
On The Border, One Of These Nights - confirmed. Serious artist consent concerns.
Rod seems pretty motivated by money (maybe all those alimony payments & houses?!) as does The (remaining) Eagle.
Maybe they will come around?
P.S. - any Joni Mitchell?
Seals & Crofts? Vintage R&B?
🙏🏼

Last edited:
might you get any if they become available in the UK?

some great Quad mixes among the next 4..
The music doesn't appeal. My musical tastes were formed in the late 70s and early 80s, the core quad era is before my time having been born in 1966. Some of it I like but a lot leaves me cold.

The America and Lightfoot are instant buys for me. Jon's endorsement of the Mingus disc makes me have to get it too. Spinners doesn't interest me.

Well, if you get the bundle the fourth disc only costs $5 over what you would pay for 3 discs. You can always give it to someone as a present.

The music doesn't appeal. My musical tastes were formed in the late 70s and early 80s, the core quad era is before my time having been born in 1966. Some of it I like but a lot leaves me cold.
fair enough! 🙂

while i respect your musical preference, i absolutely love a great deal of music from the Quad era 👍

anyhoo.. maybe there'll be something in the following Quadio bundle in the New Year that floats your boat 🤞

You are getting to the age where you might start taking an interest in stuff that came before your time. It happened to me.

I did find the quad master for J. Geils Band Bloodshot. Any interest?

I have no interest in Bloodshot. I had no interest in Nightmares either. But I got Nightmares in the bundle and was totally surprised by how good it was and how I really enjoyed it.

So yeah, bring it on anyway..."If you build it, he will come."

Nothing there for me, especially considering extra costs getting them in the UK.

EDIT: thanks for the sad face fredblue, that's pretty much how I felt.
The Spinners early material probably had intense turntable traction in the Northern Soul clubs of the UK even back before this '74 album broke internationally with 5 songs on radio play hit lists.

Oh, Rhino UK store is quite likely to have this one on hand for you, I'd be shocked if they didn't. Pretty sure Atlantic had this act ink'd worldwide. So I don't think you will have to pay extra costs to the UK from US. But if you just don't dig hot R&B Soul 70's style, and don't dance, don't even tap your foot to an infectious groove, then ok.

Last edited:
Let me know what else I should look for, please!

@ForagingRhino

+1 for Bloodshot.

Two other albums that were assigned quad catalog numbers back in the day but never released:

Bonnie Raitt - Takin' My Time
Todd Rundgren - Initiation

Would really love either/both of these.

And thank you so much for all your efforts to bring this series to life.

@ForagingRhino

+1 for Bloodshot.

Two other albums that were assigned quad catalog numbers back in the day but never released:

Bonnie Raitt - Takin' My Time
Todd Rundgren -
Initiation

Would really love either/both of these.

And thank you so much for all your efforts to bring this series to life.
Yes indeed, this is the kind of info needed, and it's not just a shot in the dark here.

Now another thing I asked about is if the Chicago Quadio box was being considered for repress?
The answer was that Rhino have considered just that. But also the thinking is that maybe issuing each of the Chicago quad albums individually is another option?

This does make sense. Like maybe the Chicago Greatest Hits, and a newly mixed Doors Greatest Hits, a newly created/assembled Best of Seals and Crofts, and then what......? Best of Carly Simon... or does Best of Bread actually need a reissue in quad?

I mean if they were going for "best of " collections these ones stand out as pretty good material. And these type discs have traditionally sold well.

I think that is the obvious Chicago album for being one issued first as a stand alone. No?

ABSOLUTELY ! ! ! let me repeat, ABSOLUTELY ! ! !

The last time, the only time, I ever heard "Bloodshot" on a Quad system was at a house party back in the '70s.
The 1st few notes of "(Ain't Nothin' But A) House Party" literally exploded out of the Quad speakers, electrifying the place (and all the hair on the back of my neck and arms). I'm not sure how the Party Host got his hands on an un-released title, must of had friends in the industry(?)

Hearing "Southside Shuffle", "Give It To Me", "Make Up Your Mind", etc., from the four corners of the room once again?
Cranked ! ? !
YES. Sign me up. Credit Card at the ready.

I cannot wait to recreate that experience from so long ago 🎶 :love:

Last edited:
Back