Soft Cell "Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret" - Blu-Ray Audio with Dolby Atmos mix coming 12/1 (SDE #15)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my others have been about $37. Looks like the shipping has $8.00 to $10.00.
Hmmm
Shipping used to be £7 (for the No tracking option), then a blanket £8 and now £10?
Plus a 1£ increase in the discs themselves a while back.
These incremental increases, which I’m sure reflect their costs, are adding up.

You Heathens!

:ROFLMAO:
I've waited patiently all morning for someone to throw an order link up for this new one so I could leisurely get outta bed, have breakfast :coffee:, etc. etc.; but had to trudge that endeavor myself. Ohhh, the indignities!!!

BTW, it's all surround sound entertainment to me; so of course I'm in on this one. Puttin' a little spice in me life laddies.

Release Date: 01 December 2023
https://www.thesdeshop.com/collecti...-erotic-cabaret-limited-edition-blu-ray-audio

I don't see any mention of the Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love Go 12" single mix. If that is not included, it would be a huge whiff.
I concur it is a missed opportunity. The Tainted Love video would have been nice as well.

I also concur that the series has gotten into a little of what I'll call a "new wave rut." I like a limited amount of synth pop but where is the rock?

Also looks like this is the most expensive release so far at $39.00 USD.
I noticed as well the change for US customers from £31.00 GBP (23 + 8) to $39 (29+10) USD. This is a price increase of $1 and change. The good news is that you can now save on shipping by ordering >1 item at a time. I didn't pull the trigger but I put the Soft Cell plus Peter Gabriel i/o in my cart and shipping went from $10 to $15. Lesson? If an SDE exclusive is announced and is unlikely to sell out (think Suede), then you can save a few bucks by waiting on that one until the next is up for pre-order. It may be more to circumstances than to choice but yes . . . I am a cheap bastard! :)

In theory, I'm on board with this rut -- there are so many 80s albums I would buy in this format, and Tears For Fears and ABC were my first two SDE purchases. But, nope, not this one. I look forward to putting Tainted Love on my 80s playlist if and when the mix hits Apple, but no interest in the rest of the album.

:unsure: I don't think I'll type in "Sex Dwarf" into a Search Engine to find out what the song sounds like, I hate to think what might appear :whistle:
The official video was banned and a bad quality bootleg is only available on websites that ask if you're 18. Given that the median age here is around retirement age I didn't feel so concerned at mentioning it.

It's absolutely hilarious for what it's worth if you have a particular sense of humor.

If you just want to hear the song, this is surprisingly good for fanmade.

The official video was banned and a bad quality bootleg is only available on websites that ask if you're 18. Given that the median age here is around retirement age I didn't feel so concerned at mentioning it.

It's absolutely hilarious for what it's worth if you have a particular sense of humor.

If you just want to hear the song, this is surprisingly good for fanmade.

Very 1980s, reminds me of Kenny Everett's comedy show on TV - which did get a bit risque!

Back