Pink Floyd "Animals (2022 Atmos mix)" Blu-ray Audio incl. hi-res Dolby Atmos; 5.1 and stereo mixes (2018 remix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in two minds about this. We just had the 5.1 mix on blu-ray and now we are going to have to shell out for an Atmos mix. Talking about scraping the barrel...
Be that as it may, great to see that it is deemed viable to release stand-alone blu-rays with Atmos mixes.
I still have some hopes to get The Wall in the Christmas campaign this year!
I agree though on your forecast for the unnecessary WYWH box next year
My thoughts exactly.
The timing of this release is very interesting as it falls only about 1 month after the latest vinyl reissue of "Dark Side".
I think (and hope) this means they have big plans for the rest of the year for the release of the "The Wall" in 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos.

Plus, yes, it is a little annoying to have this come out again on Blu-Ray audio less than 2 years after the original releases of the remix, but it seems like this release does confirm not only Pink Floyd's commitment to Dolby Atmos now but also to continuing to release these surround mixes on Blu-Ray audio in these affordable single-disc packages.
That's definitely a nice trend away from the bigger and more expensive box sets but also it's a nice trend away from the streaming only releases from the likes of the Beatles and many other artists nowadays

I'm in, if only to keep giving these releases the support they need to prop up the eventual release of "The Wall"

:)

This really came out of left field.
It does seem odd that it comes so soon after the release of the 5.1 version. Even more odd that it's a stand-alone release but I suppose that was the only option if they wanted people to re-buy it so soon.
Regardless, a total no brainer for me.

This really came out of left field.
It does seem odd that it comes so soon after the release of the 5.1 version. Even more odd that it's a stand-alone release but I suppose that was the only option if they wanted people to re-buy it so soon.
Regardless, a total no brainer for me.
My hunch is that if they wanted to bleed us with an Animals mega box they would, but I just don’t think there’s enough archival material from that period to justify it. I personally would love an official full audio concert of a show from the In The Flesh tour.

For sure, we all know The Wall is going to be an absolute monster in Atmos. Just wild.
It’s the one album I’ve wanted to hear in surround since I got into this hobby, and probably the album that I know like the back of my hand, sonically.

If Guthrie screws it up I don’t know if my heart can take it….
Although he was the original engineer on the album so he should know how it should sound, hopefully.

Seems excessive but I read once the drums alone were recorded on 32-track. They should sound massive!!!!!!!

What I would like to see is two options for the Sheep Lord's Prayer parody: One the "classic" version and one the modern remix version. There should be enough space on the disc to accommodate both. In my view, the latter version is Bahaaaaaad.

What I would like to see is two options for the Sheep Lord's Prayer parody: One the "classic" version and one the modern remix version. There should be enough space on the disc to accommodate both. In my view, the latter version is Bahaaaaaad.
The creative production liberties Guthrie took on the remix are all bad, in this fan's opinion.

It’s the one album I’ve wanted to hear in surround since I got into this hobby, and probably the album that I know like the back of my hand, sonically.

If Guthrie screws it up I don’t know if my heart can take it….
Although he was the original engineer on the album so he should know how it should sound, hopefully.

Seems excessive but I read once the drums alone were recorded on 32-track. They should sound massive!!!!!!!
Brian Humphries was the original engineer. Guthrie did the 5.1 remix a few years back. It was the first decent PF surround remix we got from him IMO.

I'm glad I re-read the title of this tread, initially I didn't see Atmos mix, I thought it was more comments about the 2018 5.1 mix. I'll use my Amazon points on this one. All these Floyd reissues coming out and Jackson's OBC 5.1 mix & Meddle 5.1 mix sits on a shelf. Dang

Back