And suddenly...DSotM blu-ray doesn't work...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeddia

Was enjoying some 5.1 at extreme volume yesterday afternoon. Thought I'd throw in my Dark Side of the Moon BD from Immersion box set. Got the 'Unable to play this disc' error. So, I pulled out the disc and looked at it - see nothing wrong with the surface of the play-side. For the sake of being thorough, I slid it into my PS3. Same error...

Is there a site for getting replacements? Been quite awhile since I purchased it. And it worked the last time I played it. So weird.

Thanks for the links. Back when I first purchased the set, I'd seen folks talking about defective discs - but mine played fine. So I just thought I'd dodged the bullet. I definitely have the German pressing; I checked the matrix. *sigh*

Hopefully, something comes of this email that everyone is sending and getting auto-replied.

Thanks for the links. Back when I first purchased the set, I'd seen folks talking about defective discs - but mine played fine. So I just thought I'd dodged the bullet. I definitely have the German pressing; I checked the matrix. *sigh*

Hopefully, something comes of this email that everyone is sending and getting auto-replied.

It's been a long process but it appears that something will be done about it...I have the US version of the disc which I hope to have ripped in the near future....just keep checking on here...

I thought I'd dodged it too, then recently I gave it a go and it failed.

mail in <[email protected]>
To:[email protected]

‎May‎ ‎27 at ‎10‎:‎02‎ ‎AM

Hi there,

If your enquiry is regarding a faulty Dar Side of the Moon Blu-ray, we have an update.

The faulty batch has been identified and we will shortly be issuing instructions for a replacement disc to be sent to you.

Thanks for your patience.

Best,
Andy

This is the answer I received regarding mine. Ya it's been a long ass time-but hopefully they will come through with a fix?

You people got me paranoid:(:cautious: about this "Rot From the Darkside" so I checked the numbers provided on that link. Mine turned out to be BVDL-196930B1 3 so I am good.

My Tommy blu-ray won't play. Is there an email address for that one?

Wave, what player are you playing it on?- Mine wouldn't work on my old Pioneer along with some of the revent Yes releases.........switched to an old Oppo and all was good.

Remember, optical discs are just bit carriers. Copy the bits onto a hard disk as soon as you get a new disc, and back up the hard disk off-site.

BTW (way off topic) I received Jennifer Warne's brand new (redbook) disc yesterday ("Another Time, Another Place"). I highly recommend it, assuming you like her previous work. To make it a tiny bit less off-topic, Elliot Scheiner was one of the engineers.

Remember, optical discs are just bit carriers. Copy the bits onto a hard disk as soon as you get a new disc, and back up the hard disk off-site.

BTW (way off topic) I received Jennifer Warne's brand new (redbook) disc yesterday ("Another Time, Another Place"). I highly recommend it, assuming you like her previous work. To make it a tiny bit less off-topic, Elliot Scheiner was one of the engineers.

Whenever you mention Elliot Scheiner it's OK to go off topic...I don't care what the thread topic is...so he is involved again.............he's certainly going the low profile route...but this is great news...to be candid if he keeps doing CDs...I'm fine with that...I'm getting that one even though it's not quite my taste...at least the country part...but there is enough of the other styles to keep me happy...in case you missed it...another ES project that you might have seen mentioned on here is this 3 CD set HERE which is a no brainer purchase...
Thanks for letting us know about his involvement in this release....if anyone wants a little more about this...go to the All About Music Thread HERE

Back