'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because I like you, Freddy here's a snippet about the BD Audio only disc:
Blu-ray Audio:

- 2018 album mix in high-resolution PCM stereo

- 2018 DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Album mix

- 2018 Dolby True HD 5.1 album mix

- 2018 direct transfer of the original mono mix of the album
Especially pleased with the inclusion of the mono in hi-res.
The only real knock I had against the Sgt. Pepper release was that it was on CD only.

It's a 7 disc set with 6 CDs & 1 BD
Complete Esher tapes and a lot of outtakes.
There will be some content on the BD that is not on any of the CDs

There is also a 4 LP set and a 3CD set probably a 2 LP set as well can't remember

There is more specific data available but having to search for it on SHF is a nightmare.
TWA thread there is going at Warp Factor 10 literally.

I read that it is up for pre-order at Bullmoose so they may have the poop, the whole poop and nothing but the poop.

Here's a link and an image from Amazon.jp (found on Reddit):

cplcv5z22nn11.jpg

A few people have mentioned that The White Album was the point that The Beatles moved from 4-track recording to 8-track recording. While this is true it's worth remembering that the transition happened during the recording sessions, not at the beginning. A good many of the tracks were done on 4-track, with bounce downs as per the method used on Pepper. I suspect that the 5.1 remix will have the benefit of access to the pre-bounce down tracks as before.

Out of interest I've put together this list showing (for each track) whether it's 4 or 8 track and the number of tape generations used. Info was gleaned from Lewisohn's "The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions" and www.thewhitealbumproject.com

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - 8-track

This alone should be worth the price of admission. Don't let me down, Giles!

This alone should be worth the price of admission. Don't let me down, Giles!

The stems are actually out there for “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” (from the rockband game I think). One of my absolute fave Beatles tracks. I’ve heard a fan-made 4.0 mix from those stems that’s pretty sweet.

Here’s hoping Giles really nailed it this time...I’ve got so much on order right now it’ll be a long time before I can even consider this set.

The stems are actually out there for “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” (from the rockband game I think). One of my absolute fave Beatles tracks. I’ve heard a fan-made 4.0 mix from those stems that’s pretty sweet.

Here’s hoping Giles really nailed it this time...I’ve got so much on order right now it’ll be a long time before I can even consider this set.

Especially considering what it costs to live in WESTCHESTER ..........

Provided, Perp, purchasing the White Album doesn't put your checking account into the RED!
Nowadays, I only get releases that I know I’ll listen to a lot more than once and I really can’t live without. Plus, I’ve been working some overtime just to pay for these sets that so many, seem to be released, in the Autumn.

Nowadays, I only get releases that I know I’ll listen to a lot more than onc and I really can’t live without. Plus, I’ve been working some overtime just to pay for these sets that so many, seem to be released, in the Autumn.

But Perp, there's still October, November and December ........... you better work double time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back