'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a Beatles fan since I could crawl, so I'm definitely anticipating this release (and "Imagine") more than any others!
(Though I am very excited about "Electric Ladyland" too)

There's so many great moments on the White Album that will probably sound great in surround sound as long as Giles & Sam Okell just go for it, and I think they will. This album was not a favorite of George Martin's, so knowing that, I think Giles has probably been even less conservative here than he was on "Sgt Pepper".
I say, bring it on!

:)

I've been a Beatles fan since I could crawl, so I'm definitely anticipating this release (and "Imagine") more than any others!
(Though I am very excited about "Electric Ladyland" too)

There's so many great moments on the White Album that will probably sound great in surround sound as long as Giles & Sam Okell just go for it, and I think they will. This album was not a favorite of George Martin's, so knowing that, I think Giles has probably been even less conservative here than he was on "Sgt Pepper".
I say, bring it on!

:)

If anyone ever doubts the greatness of the Beatles....it's a post like this from someone your age(y)...to me that is what defines greatness...the ability to cross generations...BUT I don't expect any aggressive surround mix on this release...it's not going to be another LOVE...that was an anomaly....I expect improved fidelity...crystal clear vocals....but anything more...I just don't see any indication of that given the recent releases....even though this isn't one of the most iconic albums in their catalog...it's still a Beatle album...unlike Imagine...which has a "cheerleader" supporting it(YoKo Koo Koo)who has a vested interest in the album....and that's fine with me...if it ends up being the best version available of that album...I'm happy:D

I was in 7th grade when the White Album was released, I didn't know it was released of course because all we had was the radio. My Mom got me The White Album for Christmas, unwrapped it under the tree, and went in my room for a couple days. The next year in 8th grade I started getting stoned.

Ahhhh so what you are saying is they were a gateway bug? :smokin

No word yet on surround but is this what people are talking about?

Yes, and I agree it is somewhat worrisome that surround is not mentioned in this and on the fan page. Maybe Sgt. Pepper's deluxe box didn't do so well (at least as far as having surround as a selling point)?

But when you are pushing LPs and CDs only, those by default have omitted it. Fingers' x'ed for the blu ray surround!

For the love of God Clint!
Wow, this Autumn is a bumper crop of HiRez!
Axis, ELL, Imagine, TWA and now this.
If the XTC is released, I'm taking a sabbatical.

First Moodies album I ever heard.
My brother bought it after we saw them on The Tom Jones show.
Awesome.

AFAIR, it was the quad tapes that were lost not the multi-tracks.

Just because I like you, Freddy here's a snippet about the BD Audio only disc:
Blu-ray Audio:

- 2018 album mix in high-resolution PCM stereo

- 2018 DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Album mix

- 2018 Dolby True HD 5.1 album mix

- 2018 direct transfer of the original mono mix of the album
Especially pleased with the inclusion of the mono in hi-res.
The only real knock I had against the Sgt. Pepper release was that it was on CD only.

It's a 7 disc set with 6 CDs & 1 BD
Complete Esher tapes and a lot of outtakes.
There will be some content on the BD that is not on any of the CDs

There is also a 4 LP set and a 3CD set probably a 2 LP set as well can't remember

There is more specific data available but having to search for it on SHF is a nightmare.
TWA thread there is going at Warp Factor 10 literally.

I read that it is up for pre-order at Bullmoose so they may have the poop, the whole poop and nothing but the poop.

Last edited:
On the US Amazon, there is a pre-order going on for a book by Mark Goodall about TWA with an availability date of November 22 - could this coincide with the release date for TWA box set?

fabs.JPG

Just because I like you, Freddy here's a snippet about the BD Audio only disc:
Blu-ray Audio:

- 2018 album mix in high-resolution PCM stereo

- 2018 DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Album mix

- 2018 Dolby True HD 5.1 album mix

- 2018 direct transfer of the original mono mix of the album
Especially pleased with the inclusion of the mono in hi-res.
The only real knock I had against the Sgt. Pepper release was that it was on CD only.

It's a 7 disc set with 6 CDs & 1 BD
Complete Esher tapes and a lot of outtakes.
There will be some content on the BD that is not on any of the CDs

There is also a 4 LP set and a 3CD set probably a 2 LP set as well can't remember

There is more specific data available but having to search for it on SHF is a nightmare.
TWA thread there is going at Warp Factor 10 literally.

I read that it is up for pre-order at Bullmoose so they may have the poop, the whole poop and nothing but the poop.

WOW...!!!!! :eek:

thank you (y)

that looks/sounds amazing!!!!!!! :QQlove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back