New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the same 5.1 mix.....
Can you let someone on the team know about this? Sometimes it's hard to gather the intent of an engineer in making their mixes, but every other song on the album follows the same mix map when it comes to vocals (a little bit in all three front channels). It's only in that song where the center channel seems to be out of sync with the rest of the mix. (This also includes other elements in the center channel also shared with the front channels; it's not the vocals that are out of sync in the center channel, per se, but the entire channel itself.)

At the very least, they can give it a look, even if they ultimately decide not to edit it.

Last edited:
Sounds like a mixing decision which the band approved.
Indeed. According to Ken Caillat, the band were closely involved back when he did the 5.1 mix.
I was already set up for 5.1 at the time and I wanted our first big project to be the Rumours album. I called Warner and they were completely on board with the idea. The band came over and sat in as we were working on it.
I had the chance to meet Ken in person a few weeks ago, and he kindly signed my Rumours DVD-A :)

Indeed. According to Ken Caillat, the band were closely involved back when he did the 5.1 mix.

I had the chance to meet Ken in person a few weeks ago, and he kindly signed my Rumours DVD-A :)
So perhaps Go Your Own Way in 5.1 is meant to sound the way it does…a bit thin and phasey. The stereo version, if I recall correctly, was a bit like that too.

So perhaps Go Your Own Way in 5.1 is meant to sound the way it does…a bit thin and phasey. The stereo version, if I recall correctly, was a bit like that too.
At the very least, I will say there was an accident made in creating the mix of the song, because of what I noted. However, a lot of mistakes in creating music turn out to be happy accidents, ones made that aren't intended, but the artist likes it, so it stays that "wrong" (in a descriptive sense, not a pejorative sense) way in the end. So, that mistake I noted may be what the band ultimately wanted. But then again, maybe not. Worth asking about. 🤷‍♀️

Back