New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_20240408_135143_Gmail.jpg

Swift reply

This is the response I got: -
Ingram Support (Dig! European Store)
Apr 8, 2024, 8:54 AM EDT
Hello Darryl,

Thanks for getting in touch with me.

Unfortunately, we have not been provided with any further information other than that shown on the store.

We apologise that we were not able to assist you further with your query.

If you do have any further queries, please do let me know as I’m here to assist you in getting this resolved.

Warm wishes,

Machi

Warner Music Customer Services (UK & Europe)[/TD]
What a load of unhelpful vacuous tosh!

This is the response I got: -

What a load of unhelpful vacuous tosh!
I have replied to Machi's email suggesting that if he can't answer my original question (regarding why the Quadio boxed-sets and Rhino Blu-ray Atmos releases are not available in the UK), he should find somebody who can help me ;)

I'm in Canada and ordered all 4 from Rhino on release announcement. I see they are available from Warner Canada as well. I'll see what/if I get charged for duties and handling fees to decide if I order from Rhino again in the future. I'd rather give Rhino the money, but....we'll see.
Just picked up Hootie and Alanis from mailbox, no further shipping fees or duty to Calgary from Rhino. Arrived in a cardboard envelope without damage.

Thoughts on the Alanis Dolby Atmos mix? I've had someone tell me that they thought it was thin and uninventive. A pretty bad mix. That's not my take on it. While I didn't think it was a Steven Wilson mix I didn't think it sounded bad. Anybody else listen to it? Your thoughts?

Back