New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're dipping our collective toes in the physical Atmos pond.
We'll see how these four go and if they sell, more will come!
You picked 4 pretty good ones to start. For me anyway, Atmos is enough of an improvement to buy a title again. For Rumours it will be LP, CD, DVD 5.1 - and now Atmos. So far when I have compared physical Blu -rays to streaming on Apple, the quality difference is very discernable.

The Flaming Lips are on the Warners label. Can you imagine the possibility of a crazy Atmos mix for that stuff?
Back in 2022, Wayne Coyne teased the possibility of a Yoshimi Atmos mix:
The set includes the original album, all the Pink Robot singles with remixes and b-sides, plus Wayne Coyne’s 4-track demos, live performances (Boston 2002 and London 2003), radio sessions, new interviews with Coyne, Steven Drozd, producer Dave Fridmann, manager Scott Booker, and more. While it won’t have the 5.1 surround mix, Wayne says there will be a Dolby Atmos mix “in the not too distant future.”
https://www.brooklynvegan.com/the-f...les-the-pink-robots-20th-anniversary-box-set/

The Flaming Lips are on the Warners label. Can you imagine the possibility of a crazy Atmos mix for that stuff?
Please oh please.
I’m also surprised that in the early days of streaming Atmos, in 2022 for its 25th anniversary that Zaireeka, their “play these 4 stereo CDs at the same time” album didn’t get some sort of official surround mix (there’s a fan made 5.1 that floats around). Seems like a no brainer, but maybe some day.

Please oh please.
I’m also surprised that in the early days of streaming Atmos, in 2022 for its 25th anniversary that Zaireeka, their “play these 4 stereo CDs at the same time” album didn’t get some sort of official surround mix (there’s a fan made 5.1 that floats around). Seems like a no brainer, but maybe some day.
There is even enough channels now...

This is going to be weird listening to Jagged Little Pill in Atmos, hope I like it.
BLu Ray Rip>MakeMKV>Music Media Helper.
Atmos MKV File, 24bit/48Khz. DR's are 11, 12's, 13's, 14's.
Edit: A very good mix in Atmos. So satisfying to hear all instruments, bass guitar and drums are superb. Moments of swirling stuff. Vocal center, except track 10 starts vocal front right. Chorus of vocals goes into heights which is cool.
One small negative the center vocal is a tad bit loud on all songs, just a touch.
But overall I am surprised how good it is.

Last edited:
Listening now to Hootie Atmos.
Blu Ray Rip>MakeMKV>Music Media Helper.
Atmos MKV File, 24bit/48Khz. DR's are 6, 11, 12, 13's, 14's, 15, 17.
Both this and Jagged, on screen is fixed, no track name as songs change.
EDIT: Vocals mostly phantom center, when rhythm section and chorus vocals come up center engages.
Heights are full on, mostly ambient, strong signal.
If I didn't have the 2019 5.1 release, I would definitely advise buying this, but if you already have the 5.1 2019 release there might not be a whole lot of advantage to buying this.
Hard to give good advice, oh well, what the heck, buy them all.

Last edited:
Got the info from Rhino support team that already available items are being shipped directly and can not be added later on to a preorder.
So I got the shipment info from Rhino for my Quadio Bundle! I can't believe it!! The same as for my other Quadio order before! 2 shipments for 4 CD/Blu-rays!! First with one, second with three CD's! And this although I informed customer support about additional costs they generate for customers outside the US through handling fees for the carrier DHL/FedEx/UPS, etc. for each single shipment! Are they resistant to learn or what is wrong with them?? Or they simply don't care about us! I am really angry about this. Even one man shops can collect VAT up front or bigger more professional ones can ship all items in one shipment as soon as the last one is available! Why can't they do it???

Rhino's page doesn't specify, but I have to assume the Atmos mixes on the Doors disc will be identical to the Atmos mixes that were released to streaming services a few years back (i.e. not just mixed differently for Atmos, but mixed differently altogether like the 40th Anniversary CDs, with the studio chatter at the start of "Riders on the Storm" for instance)?

Rhino's page doesn't specify, but I have to assume the Atmos mixes on the Doors disc will be identical to the Atmos mixes that were released to streaming services a few years back (i.e. not just mixed differently for Atmos, but mixed differently altogether like the 40th Anniversary CDs, with the studio chatter at the start of "Riders on the Storm" for instance)?
It's confirmed by Rhino in this thread that these mixes are the same that are up on streaming services. :)

I'm in Canada and ordered all 4 from Rhino on release announcement. I see they are available from Warner Canada as well. I'll see what/if I get charged for duties and handling fees to decide if I order from Rhino again in the future. I'd rather give Rhino the money, but....we'll see.

Back