New Dolby Atmos BluRay discs from Rhino

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that the constant recycling of the same albums is getting old; I suppose at this point I'm only going to buy blu-ray atmos discs of content I really really like.

Can you tell me a bit more about the Beggars Atmos series? Physical releases or streaming only? A few artists on the label?

Thanks
Beggars (Matador, and I think XL as well) label. They have a lot of artists on their label I love (Radiohead, Pavement, Mark Lanegan) and some catalog choices (Gary Numan, Butthole Surfers, Gang of Four) as well. They're being offered as lossless downloads:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...x-now-available-as-a-lossless-download.35708/

Queens of the Stone Age and Spoon are already out!
I prefer a physical release like how Rhino is doing it but a great lossless trumps all! I'll take what I can get.

I would politely suggest the mods move "Streaming Releases" out of "Surround Sound Tech Talk" and into "Surround Music Polls" so lossless streaming can get more exposure. I would never think to look in "Surround Sound Tech Talk" for streaming releases. Beggars could be up for a separate thread in "Industry Corner" as well, although I agree they must release more titles first and prove themselves.

Last edited:
Beggars (Matador, and I think XL as well) label. They have a lot of artists on their label I love (Radiohead, Pavement, Mark Lanegan) and some catalog choices (Gary Numan, Butthole Surfers, Gang of Four) as well. They're being offered as lossless downloads:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...x-now-available-as-a-lossless-download.35708/

Queens of the Stone Age and Spoon are already out!
I prefer a physical release like how Rhino is doing it but a great lossless trumps all! I'll take what I can get.

I would politely suggest the mods move "Streaming Releases" out of "Surround Sound Tech Talk" and into "Surround Music Polls" so lossless streaming can get more exposure. I would never think to look in "Surround Sound Tech Talk" for streaming releases. Beggars could be up for a separate thread in "Industry Corner" as well, although I agree they must release more titles first and prove themselves.
Man, Radiohead "OK Computer", if done well, would instantly become one of my favorites.

That’s the problem…I have been a completist so far, but the shipping cost to the U.S. is a bit painful 🤕
Sadly, the shipping costs from the US are no different for us over here in the UK. My most recent order cost me $16.00 o_O

If you want to see some completely bonkers shipping costs, look at this from Warner Music Canada: -

Shipping Costs.JPG

Last edited:
Someone on SH.tv made the best joke ever, concerned that this series would slow down the release of upcoming Quadio titles... :ROFLMAO:

I wonder what this means for the delayed Atmos BluRay Leif Garrett box Rhino announced earlier.

Someone on SH.tv made the best joke ever, concerned that this series would slow down the release of upcoming Quadio titles... :ROFLMAO:

I wonder what this means for the delayed Atmos BluRay Leif Garrett box Rhino announced earlier.
I was wondering Simon?
The surround sound market has always been "Niche", but with so much new surround releases being put out in many formats, streaming, downloads, and various hard discs.
Are the record company's going on a hunch, or is it backed by previous sales? Also are there reports that people are buying speakers and equipment to benefit from the expanded surround music sales.
I have only been listening to surround since 2014 and have already seen formats die.
From what I have read and been told that all surround formats have never taken off, but 2023 and so far 2024, seems really big at least in my surround life since 2014.

I was wondering Simon?
The surround sound market has always been "Niche", but with so much new surround releases being put out in many formats, streaming, downloads, and various hard discs.
Are the record company's going on a hunch, or is it backed by previous sales? Also are there reports that people are buying speakers and equipment to benefit from the expanded surround music sales.
I have only been listening to surround since 2014 and have already seen formats die.
From what I have read and been told that all surround formats have never taken off, but 2023 and so far 2024, seems really big at least in my surround life since 2014.
Markie, I sincerely believe the BIG push by record companies and Dolby Labs to promote ATMOS has been the much needed boon to propel surround music into the mainstream!

The record companies and artists are always looking for ways to issue their new music and reissue back catalogues and what better way than by introducing a NEW format!

And with all the streaming companies getting on the bandwagon.... likewise ensuring its success.

We complained only a few years ago that Surround was a niche format and now we're sort of complaining with all the new Pure Audio BD~A ATMOS releases our wallets and/or once 'cushy' nest eggs are taking a real lickin!

And just remember ...YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THEM ALL.

Markie, I sincerely believe the BIG push by record companies and Dolby Labs to promote ATMOS has been the much needed boon to propel surround music into the mainstream!

The record companies and artists are always looking for ways to issue their new music and reissue back catalogues and what better way than by introducing a NEW format!

And with all the streaming companies getting on the bandwagon.... likewise ensuring its success.

We complained only a few years ago that Surround was a niche format and now we're sort of complaining with all the new Pure Audio BD~A ATMOS releases our wallets and/or once 'cushy' nest eggs are taking a real lickin!

And just remember ...YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY THEM ALL.
Haha Ralphie, from the man who has 15,000 discs.

I was wondering Simon?
I agree with you that 2023 and 2024 have felt like important years for multichannel music, but I think every one of the last ten years have been important ones.

I remember the initial buzz we got when Audio Fidelity put its pinky toe in the pool and the even bigger buzz when Vocalion launched their Multicannel program with a bigger bang. Just recently, Super Deluxe Edition and Rhino started another wave of rich and varied titles.

These are indeed good years for us fans. :)

I was wondering Simon?
Or is this niche market the only reliable one left for sales of physical media?
And as a result they have no choice but to cater to us.

We're dipping our collective toes in the physical Atmos pond.
We'll see how these four go and if they sell, more will come!

Any hope of including the original quad mix on the Atmos Blu-rays (for example - The Doors Atmos release could also contain the 1973 quad mix on the same Blu-ray audio, it would likely increase the retail price a little though)?

Kirk Bayne

Back