MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't want to know how much I paid... :) https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...wo-5-1-Blu-ray&p=236789&viewfull=1#post236789

There is no marking on the disc for blu-ray zones and it played fine in my player...my Blu-ray player is set to Zone B.

And the DVD:
Video DVD (or CD) label: BEASTIE_BOYS_HSCP2
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6 8!
Video Standard: NTSC

The mix could be a lot better, but I still enjoyed it... some tracks more than others.

Thanks for the reply! Good news :)

I managed to find a UK retailer selling for a very reasonable price and zero shipping! Should be here soon. Thanks again for the heads up :banana:

This arrived yesterday and is rather bloody lovely!

My Pioneer BDP450 is, as far as I know, multi-region DVD, Region B Blu Ray. The DVD disc is Region 1 so plays fine, so I was fully expecting the Blu Ray disc to be Region A but it plays back perfectly! So, either my player is also multi-region Blu Ray without my knowledge or it's a Region B or Region Free Blu Ray disc. Either way, I'm a happy bunny, especially at £19 and free shipping for this sealed, new item! Thanks to LizardKing for the heads up!

Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Pt.2 - Blu Ray/DVD 5.1
11046289_10153134945270499_9123876158023764773_n.jpg

This arrived yesterday and is rather bloody lovely!

My Pioneer BDP450 is, as far as I know, multi-region DVD, Region B Blu Ray. The DVD disc is Region 1 so plays fine, so I was fully expecting the Blu Ray disc to be Region A but it plays back perfectly! So, either my player is also multi-region Blu Ray without my knowledge or it's a Region B or Region Free Blu Ray disc. Either way, I'm a happy bunny, especially at £19 and free shipping for this sealed, new item! Thanks to LizardKing for the heads up!

Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Pt.2 - Blu Ray/DVD 5.1
View attachment 17517

£19? I don't suppose there's any left at that price?

Grace - Jeff Buckley 2ch hybrid SACD We picked this up at Music Direct yesterday afternoon. We listened twice. First, the CD layer playing in the car with the top downwhile driving down Clark St. Wrigleyville was a zoo, with lots of 20-something St. Patrick's resellers spilling into the street. Amazing that I didn't hit one! The cops had their hands full. Car fi plays DVD-A, DTS CD, DVD-V & CD, but not the SACD layer.

When we got home, we played the SACD layer, along with Songs in the Key of Life - Stevie Wonder on Blu-Ray-A, which we also picked up at Music Direct/MoFi. Both discs sounded SPECTACULAR. Lots of high harmonics that were never evident on any previous copy. I also own Grace on the original CD and expanded Legacy Editions. Although I need to a/b them, this is the best it has ever sounded.

"Oh, that was So Real." - JB (RIP)

I was curious about the Stevie Wonder disc......I passed over this disc because I wasn't enamored with the song list and some sites listed it as NOT being region free....like here

Although this isn't a Blu-Ray-A (YOU can call me Ray...) thread, I'll comment: Key of Life sounds WONDERful, BUT the horns still sound clipped and/or way too processed. The highs are very good on the cymbal crashes and everything other than the horns. IMHO, the problem isn't with the mastering or my gear, but in the engineering and recording of the album itself.

As to the songs, Love's in Need of Love Today, Sir Duke, Ordinary Pain, Isn't She Lovely and I wish aren't to be missed. The original album was 2 LP's, and a bonus 45. One a single regular priced Blu-Ray-A, it's a good value. All Day Sucker, indeed!

Sparkle In The Rain - Simple Minds (HFPA BD-A).

:banana:

I almost pulled the trigger on the box set the other day when it was going cheap somewhere, but I'm not sure I'm a big enough fan of the band and this album to justify anything more than the BDA. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on it.

I was curious about the Stevie Wonder disc......I passed over this disc because I wasn't enamored with the song list and some sites listed it as NOT being region free....like here
You know how on a Blu-ray movie sometimes they give you a couple of different versions of the movie to choose from. They could do this on an audio-only one also. Like maybe an option to remove the baby noises. That would make this album listenable all the way through.

You know how on a Blu-ray movie sometimes they give you a couple of different versions of the movie to choose from. They could do this on an audio-only one also. Like maybe an option to remove the baby noises. That would make this album listenable all the way through.

There is a cool feature on one of my blu ray concerts...it's called a juxebox...it allows you to pick 10 songs and it will play them in the order you select...it's especially nice on some concerts that have the dreaded "interviews" after each song..so instead of having to keep hitting the remote and skipping that chapter you just sit back and listen to the songs you selected...it's on this concert

I'm weirdly happy to learn that it's not just me who's driven crazy by that racket. I tend to forget how much good music is on that album because as soon as I think about it my mind immediately goes to "That's the one where the baby noise goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on."

[further off-topic rant self-censored]

71wHT5wzEYL._SL1094_.jpg

Excellent audio and video! I first saw Fantasia on VHS when my kids were little, then DVD when 2000 was released. Just picked up this BD set and am enjoying the first now. Timeless indeed.

The new ELO - Out of the Blue - Live at Wembley SD Blu ray with pretty much everything that eagle rock has released so far obviously Standard definition Video but the PQ seems better that the DVD up-scaled.
This collects for the record
Live at Wembley (complete with cheesy video effects)
The Early ELO DVD (include Brunel University 1973, Rockpalast 1974, & fusions 1976)
and the Discovery Video album from 1979.

quite a nice package. and means I can create some space on the shelves by ditching two DVd's and replacing with 1 Blu ray

Back