MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
009.JPGBack cover

The most mystifying thing about that Made In Japan Blu-Ray is they got Kevin Shirley to go to all the work of doing a new stereo mix in high-rez just for that release, but didn't bother doing a 5.1 mix as well. It would have taken him about 8 seconds to put the crowd and reverbs in the rear speakers, bass guitar, a bit of snare drum and lead vocal in the center and you'd have an identical 5.1 mix to the Led Zep 'How The West Was Won' DVD-A.

I know this probably won't happen anytime soon...with your exhaustive supply of discs you haven't played..BUT...I'm going ask anyway..can you let us know how it sounds...since I have the dual disc I'm wondering if there is any difference...

Not got round to Stereo yet but 5.1 sounded great; nice full low end, top end seemed less bright than I remember but it's probably the same as the DualDisc.. if I can rip individual 6-Ch's to the Mac of both DualD and new Blu and compare em (God only knows when!) I will :)

Back