2011 QQ eBay Shocker Log

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody on this forum got a mint copy of Reflections SACD in QQ's classifieds for $250 last week. It just puts into perspective how good a deal that was when you consider you needed $600 to snipe this latest one.
The Groove Armada today on eBay was nearly $400.

That was from Estocks in The Channels Isles, the same place I bought, but didn't receive, my Roger Waters The Wall for US$2 or thereabouts

But.......

I predict ........

The lucky buyer will either find it is not SACD or get an email about a month after purchase claiming it has failed QC and the purchase price has been refunded because it had to be destroyed.

Oddly The Wall failed the rigerous QC when a Super Furry Animals in "Very Good Condition" made it though despite being in a cracked case, furthermore both were bought on the same night but I was advised that The Wall had failed QC a month after purchase and a week after SFA made it to NZ!

Of course should they list a similar disk on Ebay later it will "definately not be the same disk" depite this happening to others - read the feedback.

But I could be wrong and there is some lucky sod with the score of the decade, hopefully if this is the case the buyer appreciates his purchase, if it is a member of QQ go on rub it in.

In the meantime

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOVEBOX-GRO...120776109947?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item1c1ed12f7b

Lovebox for a more respectable $128.07 I missed that by $2.50 but a limit is a limit!

Is QQ classifieds a hidden section for long term user?

Markus

Somebody on this forum got a mint copy of Reflections SACD in QQ's classifieds for $250 last week. It just puts into perspective how good a deal that was when you consider you needed $600 to snipe this latest one.
The Groove Armada today on eBay was nearly $400.

In my opinion even USD 250 is way to much for a SACD with a boring surround mix. Even while it is mega-rare I could not force myself to like the mix. I could not even stand more than three songs in a row. It is like drinking champagne and eating caviar just because it is exclusive.

Markus

But I let SACD Earth, Wind & Fire - Gratitude go for EUR 22.72. My bid was the second best. I was conservative since I already own that SACD.

Markus

Wish I'd known about his auctions...would have taken a shot at the EWF Live SACD. It went for 44.50 euros

Unbelievable!

After reading this I got out the CD-4 / DVD-A conversion and listened to it again. It has a great mix with good separation. I love the song - "Get Ready"..... nice. I guess the Japanese pressing makes it ultra rare (no pun intended) but Jeeze Louise 800 bucks. Wow!

Has that been sold or just Buy it now price?

The MEGA Shocker of all time is not Lovebox for 286.99 EUR but for $9.87 !!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Groove-Arma...?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item45fd33d300

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I would just like to point out that all is not what it seems at this eShop.
I was actually following this. It was up at $200 for couple of hours and then the price was dropped to $9.87 and was "Snapped up" in the space of 2 seconds. They do the same with other "Hard To Get" SACDs too. Only yesterday Depeche Mode Violator SACD was $120 for a couple of hours and then in the last few seconds the price dropped to £10 and was "snapped up" immediately.
There is probably a term for this behaviour like "Shill Bidding" for auctions.
They are probably hoping that somebody like piotrus will advertise the sale on a forum like this. Oh look Love Box for $10.
You will see a lot of Can, Diana Krall, Bob Dylan Eric Clapton,Kinks, and Classical SACDs for $10 also, and these are only worth a tenner anyway so the prices are not altered in these cases.

You are right. That stinks!

I would just like to point out that all is not what it seems at this eShop.
I was actually following this. It was up at $200 for couple of hours and then the price was dropped to $9.87 and was "Snapped up" in the space of 2 seconds. They do the same with other "Hard To Get" SACDs too. Only yesterday Depeche Mode Violator SACD was $120 for a couple of hours and then in the last few seconds the price dropped to £10 and was "snapped up" immediately.
There is probably a term for this behaviour like "Shill Bidding" for auctions.
They are probably hoping that somebody like piotrus will advertise the sale on a forum like this. Oh look Love Box for $10.

Another PvD shocker in Germany:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150665025741

This is around USD 724. So the previous auction from Prague which only got to ~USD 200 actually was a good deal.

I'm just waiting for the day that a box with 100 Reflections SACD is found. I don't think the SACD was a big seller in Germany while in print, so there must be stock hidden in some storage :)

Markus

You are right. That stinks!

Another PvD shocker in Germany:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150665025741

This is around USD 724. So the previous auction from Prague which only got to ~USD 200 actually was a good deal.

I'm just waiting for the day that a box with 100 Reflections SACD is found. I don't think the SACD was a big seller in Germany while in print, so there must be stock hidden in some storage :)

Markus

That also goes against the theory that bid prices are much lower when restricted to a single country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back