4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The system is called IOSS and as far as I know it isn't complicated. SDE does it also now and it surely helps a lot ....
As far as I can tell, this is for imports into the EU. So it might be an option for Rhino to get sales to the EU, which is great.

Of course, the UK is no longer part of the EU so this will not apply to buyers here in the UK. [Note to self: remember not to discuss politics.]

I guess I'll start the "20 questions" about the 2024-05-04 Quadios:

Have all of these new Quadios been previously released (not necessarily on a WEA group label)?

Kirk Bayne
That is a clue likely to be given near last.
I actually already asked which labels are being mined this time around for the choice four picks? I was completely ignored. :cry:

The next batch is scheduled for May 4th....
A Saturday release date this time! Works for me..

especially if we are to get something out of the below. I think I'd be happy with any single one of the last four.

Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly
MJQ - The Last Concert
Foghat - Energized
J. Geils Band - Bloodshot
Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing
Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky

Again, regardless, i'm ALL in fo(u)r ALL FOUR of the 4th Batch! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
1707488123994.png

Last edited:
I am quite disgusted with this order. I don't know if Rhino are aware of the high customs amount that buyers from the European Union have to pay. Even more so when instead of receiving my order in a single shipment (I made a single purchase of a pack of 4 blu ray audios) I receive it in 3 that arrive on the same day so I have to pay the customs management of 3 shipments and not just one.:mad::mad:
Strangely enough in Canada it's the other way around. When shipped in multiple packages, no customs fees. When Quadio #2 was shipped in one package it must have triggered a maximum limit and I was charged customs/brokerage fees.

(my 2nd copy of the AWB Quadio arrived today), no damage to the jewel case (so far no shipping damage to any of my Quadio jewel cases).

aside:
Over in radiodiscussions.com, it's been mentioned that a new song (to a particular listener) needs to be listened to about 8 to 10 times before it can be determined if the song has long term play appeal.

I'm currently listening to my War, B$B and Svengali Quadio albums repeatedly, I'll probably post a brief review and rating for each album after my repeat listening is done.

Kirk Bayne

a few things I'm still interested in.

Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly
MJQ - The Last Concert
Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky

of course other things as well, but you know something, the last three bundles of four are going to be hard to top or match. If they are not going to issue one of the previously unreleased quad masters, then a real gem of a surprise is going to be the ticket here. The bar has been set high. So something again we didn’t expect like the War and Starship were unexpected surprises.

Could they go for a nice mellow bunch of four for those not about to rock?

Somehow I’m not expecting Hot Tuna.

Could we get the other Randy Newman, or Jefferson Starship, or Gordon Lightfoot? And Seals and Crofts added as the surprise. Those would seem too safe, and more adventurous selections might be a better option.

I’m am thinking one of the MJQ albums might be the jazz pick?

Roberta Flack is a classy album. Never heard it in quad so I don’t know how essential it is in four chans?

Maybe Jackson Brown has finally approved his album to be mastered for Quadio. I was told that he must be involved in any remastering of his catalogue. And that this was the potential speed bump on that album coming out from quad mix.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Back