4 more Quadio titles coming in January 2024! (Titles Announced)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should be plenty of evidence for them.
And no they did not require a return for me.
I just heard from Rhino saying they are shipping a replacement disc to me, so my skipping videos were enough evidence for them.

I don't mean to sidetrack this thread with an extended discussion of my defective disc, but thought it might be useful to others should they get a Quadio that skips. The gist is: report it to Rhino through the Contact Me link on their website, and they will respond.

Had to smile this morning; I had an email this morning to confirm that the package with AWB and Svengali has been dispatched. I have no doubt that this will make it to my home in the UK as it was actually delivered on Tuesday last week.

This restores my faith in snail mail over that new fangled electronic stuff! 😂

But... I have to add how very grateful I am to have received these amazing Blu-ray albums. Thanks again Rhino!

Regarding The World Is a Ghetto, is the mastering of the stereo mix the same of the 2012 40th anniversary release? Or is it a new mastering?
I personally prefer the older 1992 CD or the 1995 Gold CD. But I hope this is a new remaster.

The same here in Spain. Tomorrow I should get 3 in 2 differents packages. I had to pay BAT and fee: 10,29€ for the one with 2 blurays and 6,2€ for the package with one. No shipping notice for the remaining one. Shipped with DHL and handled by Correos, Spanish post office.
And today I got the package with the one bluray for which I had already paid VAT and a small fee (1€ plus) and surprise, surprise! another packet for which I hadnt received any shipping notice and for which I had to pay 9,79€ directly to the postwoman. The fact that I couldnt pay for it in advance myself, as I didnt have any tracking number, meant that instead of paying 1€+ as a fee I ended up paying 4€.
All in all, the fact that RHINO has used 3 shipments instead of just one, means I have paid about 6€ more in fees.
Considering I placed the order on 19th January and has taken only a couple of weeks for them to arrive to my place in Spain, as this time RHINO has used DHL-Correos, I'm nevertheless glad for those well-spent 6€ in fees, though just one packet would have been better.
And I guess the other packet with the 2 remaining titles wil be delivered this afternoon or tomorrow morning as it is already in the local post office.

Reactions: GOS
How come I ordered early December a twoofer including this and nothing in my mailbox. Not the first time it disappears

Regarding The World Is a Ghetto, is the mastering of the stereo mix the same of the 2012 40th anniversary release? Or is it a new mastering?
I personally prefer the older 1992 CD or the 1995 Gold CD. But I hope this is a new remaster.
As a rule, all content on Quadio Blu-rays—both quad and stereo—is freshly mastered by Craig Anderson.

Got 3/4 of the last batch today, in 2 packages, which means that there will be 3 packages in total (War is missing at the moment). I am quite happy, BUT have a slight criticism: as I'm in Germany, I have to pay customs. I have no problems with that, BUT I also have to pay a fee to the carrier for each package that they handle. This is "only" 6 Euros, BUT -in this case- it's of course 18 Euros, as the fee is for three packages. I really thought that *one* order would be *one* package and though: *one* service fee. I won't complain too much, as I really appreciate the work that Rhino does for music lovers, but this could be handled better (for oversea customers), I think.
I am also in Germany and used to have the same issue. You can register to do your own customs declaration, then there is no fee.

I am quite disgusted with this order. I don't know if Rhino are aware of the high customs amount that buyers from the European Union have to pay. Even more so when instead of receiving my order in a single shipment (I made a single purchase of a pack of 4 blu ray audios) I receive it in 3 that arrive on the same day so I have to pay the customs management of 3 shipments and not just one.:mad::mad:

I am quite disgusted with this order. I don't know if Rhino are aware of the high customs amount that buyers from the European Union have to pay. Even more so when instead of receiving my order in a single shipment (I made a single purchase of a pack of 4 blu ray audios) I receive it in 3 that arrive on the same day so I have to pay the customs management of 3 shipments and not just one.:mad::mad:
I think Rhino should be made aware. Maybe @ForagingRhino can bring this issue to his colleagues. I wonder if they can offer a choice to force one package only.

Got a shipping notice from Rhino yesterday with a tracking # for my Gil Evans Quadio. Only issue was that Quadio was delivered to my mailbox, on January 30th. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: , Not complaining as the case wasn't damaged:p

As for the upcoming release of #4, I just hope it will included some unknown to me artists, that I will enjoy as much as Mingus Moves

Carry on peeps

How come I ordered early December a twoofer including this and nothing in my mailbox. Not the first time it disappears
The shipping department is kinda funky... last friday AWB arrived at the same time of an email saying that War has just shipped. Meanwhile the replacement Spinners is still on some cloud...

Really? I recall the general masses of audiophiles disliked those two CD issues calling them too bright. They did have that excessive sparkle sheen that is not needed in this production imo. With a brassy musical production it's very easy to get carried away on the treble and go too far, and many felt that is what they did. I was used to the original LP pressing.

Last edited:
Thank god he has not gotten the memo on how to boost the levels beyond the breaking point, and the "compression as a means to an end" style mastering.
He's used generous "smiley" EQ and excessive compression in the past (Chicago Quadio, some albums worse than others). In other cases, he may underuse EQ when the original mixes have tonal imbalances.

Last edited:
Back