4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guesses for the artists:
  • James Taylor
  • Carly Simon
  • Eagles
  • Seals & Crofts
And I'm sure I'm wrong. 😅
I don't want to know all of the names of upcoming titles at once right now. I'd rather figure them out one per week or so. I gathered up all the cat #'s and got ready to crunch them in the calculator and then decided not to just yet. I'd rather (for starters) know about which labels or genres.

It is nearly 5 weeks away from ordering.

Rhino really needs to sort EU availability.
The prices for importing them are just not feasible.
I mean you'd think a market with 500 million people would have some sort of distribution...but no
Pretty ridiculous
there may be other potential issues at play as well, including rights?

albums which are Warner controlled in the U.S., like Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid' & Average White Band's 'AWB' come under the auspices of Universal and Demon respectively in the UK, which i imagine may complicate matters somewhat when it comes to selling certain Quadio titles over here?

there may be other potential issues at play as well, including rights?

albums which are Warner controlled in the U.S., like Black Sabbath's 'Paranoid' & Average White Band's 'AWB' come under the auspices of Universal and Demon respectively in the UK, which i imagine may complicate matters somewhat when it comes to selling certain Quadio titles over here?
I thought that but then there are plenty of Quadio titles available in the UK.Just none in the EU
I can order them from the UK but the shipping and import fees are almost as much as the discs themselves!

It's a bit hit and miss but some of the quadios can be had through some of the European Amazon branches for approx. 35 euros.
For example see here (Amazon Spain):
https://www.amazon.es/Holiday-Quadio-USA-Blu-ray/dp/B0CL7YCPDR/
With an 8 euro shipping fee plus import tax as it ships from the USA.So effectively double the price and no real possibility of return if something is wrong
Thanks for the link though I'm not interested in this particular title

Finallly a practical use for keeping spreadsheets of ridiculously arcane information!

View attachment 102455

View attachment 102456

Very nice set of releases that should make a variety of people happy. I won't spoil the surprise for others. ;)
I love this. Next time someone says, "What's the point of doing math(s) at school?" I shall point them at this real world example!

1. JT- Gorilla
2. Carly Simon-? title
3. Deep Purple-Stormbringer
4. Seals & Crofts-Diamond Girl (Was Summer Breeze ever Quad?)
SEALS & CROFTS -
Diamond Girl. Warner Brothers BS4-2699 (CD4), WSTQ-2699-QF (QR),
L9B-2699 (Q8)
I'll Play for You. Warner Brothers BS4-2848 (CD4), WSTQ-2848-QF
(QR), L9B-2848 (Q8)
Summer Breeze. Warner Brothers BS4-2629 (CD4), WSTQ-2629-QF
(QR), L9B-2629 (Q8)
Unborn Child. Warner Brothers BS4-2761 (CD4), WSTQ-2761-QF (QR),
L9B-2761 (Q8)

With an 8 euro shipping fee plus import tax as it ships from the USA.So effectively double the price and no real possibility of return if something is wrong
Thanks for the link though I'm not interested in this particular title
Strange, what EU country are you in then? I am in the Netherlands and this particular title ships to me for €4,31, the merchant apparently is German. No import taxes.

Back