4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listened to the Seals and Crofts disc last night. Another very good mix, IMHO. I was particularly impressed with "Hummingbird."

My only complaint would be that the vocals seemed a little buried in the title track's mix.

But "Hummingbird" is worth the disc price alone.

I had not previously heard the other songs on the disc (having only really known S&C from their radio hits), but I definitely enjoyed them!

Jon

My Quadio bundle arrived today as well, and was due tomorrow. So I'm happy with Rhino for both the Joni and the May bundle.

Just listened to Flack, nice and clean, yet sounds so analog and warm.
(added)
And the Deep Purple - Machine Head coming in just before this new stuff has made this month one of the best ever for vintage quad reissues.
It'll be tough to top all this new stuff.

Last edited:
Humm, debatable since you don't know the results of her being in something else, just guessing.
But that's is why a very huge number of us chose to drive big trucks and suv's with full steel frames and lots of heavy metal around us. When you get crammed into one of todays little sardine cans you better be surrounded by 30 airbags and the rest.

Here's a video that might change your mind.........

On a side note, I've always loved those Shelby GT500's as a kid, but of course couldn't afford one. In 2014 I purchased a brand new GT500. My dream car!!!!! I have a friend whose dad is a BIG car collector and has numerous GT350's, a couple GT500's, a GT500KR and T-birds from the 60's and 70's. So Ralph (my friend) and I go to his dads house with a big shop in the back.
Any way, I let his dad drive my new GT500, and he was full of complements about the car. To my surprise he started up his 1967 GT500 and said lets go for a spin. Halfway thru it he said, "You want to drive it?" OFCOURSE I jumped at it. To drive the car I dreamed about as a 16 yr old. It was a slug compared to mine.....acceleration, stopping and especially cornering. Yep, it couldn't stand a chance against my new one. Ofcourse his was worth in the neighborhood of $500,000 to my $80,000 one (Not sure where the market is now)
Day I bought it and now

Attachments

• Shelby GT500 Showroom.png
    Shelby GT500 Showroom.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Shelby2.jpg
    Shelby2.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Here's a video that might change your mind.........

On a side note, I've always loved those Shelby GT500's as a kid, but of course couldn't afford one. In 2014 I purchased a brand new GT500. My dream car!!!!! I have a friend whose dad is a BIG car collector and has numerous GT350's, a couple GT500's, a GT500KR and T-birds from the 60's and 70's. So Ralph (my friend) and I go to his dads house with a big shop in the back.
Any way, I let his dad drive my new GT500, and he was full of complements about the car. To my surprise he started up his 1967 GT500 and said lets go for a spin. Halfway thru it he said, "You want to drive it?" OFCOURSE I jumped at it. To drive the car I dreamed about as a 16 yr old. It was a slug compared to mine.....acceleration, stopping and especially cornering. Yep, it couldn't stand a chance against my new one. Ofcourse his was worth in the neighborhood of $500,000 to my $80,000 one (Not sure where the market is now)
Day I bought it and now

Good video. Most old cars are death traps even with the addition of seat belts. Even my sons Hyundai Accent saved him from injury. He was on a major highway and got hit by a truck that sideswiped him. He did a few 360's, hit a few other vehicles and ended up backwards in the ditch. He walked away but the car was written off.

Yup keep your old stuff.

Quadro batch #4 along with Jagged Little Pill and Rumours (in Atmos room) showed up today. That makes sweet 16+ with box sets as bookends. Time to start making other display plans as it’s getting tight! Good problem to have. [that previous Doors BD issue will be flipped in short order]

IMG_1515.jpeg

Quadro batch number four along with jagged little pill and rumors showed up today. That makes sweet 16+ with box sets as bookends. Time to start making other display plans as it’s getting tight! Good problem to have. [that previous Doors BD issue will be flipped in short order]

View attachment 105494
Nice collection, but shouldn't the titles be running the other direction as it looks like your Quadio single discs are all upside down?

2 Quadios arrived yesterday, both with cracked/smashed cases. :mad: What's the best resource for replacement cases? Thanks.

Just got my 4-pack in yesterday's mail; all arrived without damage (of course, I live one city over from where the Rhino SoCal distro center is located, so... that helps!).

Finishing up the Quadio package with Roberta Flack and enjoying the mix almost as much as the Donny Hathaway album. I have some mixed feelings about Hot Tuna: The vocals (especially "True Religion") seemed buried in the mix, for most of the disc the rear speakers seemed much louder than the front and at least one instance of a volume discrepancy between tracks. Does anyone else hear this?

Quadro batch #4 along with Jagged Little Pill and Rumours (in Atmos room) showed up today. That makes sweet 16+ with box sets as bookends. Time to start making other display plans as it’s getting tight! Good problem to have. [that previous Doors BD issue will be flipped in short order]

View attachment 105494
My favorite Q8 player.

Good video. Most old cars are death traps even with the addition of seat belts. Even my sons Hyundai Accent saved him from injury. He was on a major highway and got hit by a truck that sideswiped him. He did a few 360's, hit a few other vehicles and ended up backwards in the ditch. He walked away but the car was written off.

Yup keep your old stuff.

Absolutely, I forgot to mention that in my wife's car were 2 of my children, also unharmed. It was not only my opinion that in older days the accident would have involved fatalities, it was the off-the-record comment from the expert assessing the damage, marvelling that nobody was harmed.

Another aspect that is often overlooked, a heavy vehicle is a death sentence on any pedestrian or cyclist.

Last but not least, hard data puts any arguments to rest regarding car safety. You can slice the chart any year you want when the cars were all "dent resistant" (latest early 70's?), the death rates were always much higher:

1715775005534.png

Got my quadio bundle yesterday and it all looks fine.

Still waiting in the Doobies, but I ordered it a few days later.

2 Quadios arrived yesterday, both with cracked/smashed cases. :mad: What's the best resource for replacement cases? Thanks.
Yes, Acoustic Sounds has them and their shipping dept could give lessons.
They are/were $1.25 @ piece when I bought mine. Shipping will double the cost, so purchase plenty and if you recieve cracked/damaged it will be no problem 😊

Back