4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it but needs more Tres Hombres if Rhino is listening.
I'm all for AWB coming in even if I've never heard the quad, as it gets such strong forum recommendations.

And yes Rhino is listening. And yes, ZZ Top could arrive in this next batch or the one after.

It really depends on if Rhino wants to set the internet on fire again like the Black Sabbath Paranoid Quadio release did. Or maybe they want to try lower key releases this time. More mellow, Adult Contemporary, Subtle Acoustic songwriters, and understated "pop" records to breathe new life into. Take a much more relaxed pace for those who didn't want any of the last four. Then see how those do sales wise.

"you are the one, the one i truly need.." 🙏🤞💘

View attachment 95025

sadly there was no Quad Reel to Reel of this beauty back in the day, AWB was only ever released on Q8 tape and CD-4 LP, yet through the sandpapery cracklefest and hissy haze of ye olde Quad formats we can still enjoy what i am willing to declare one of the all-time best "Rock & Pop" Quad mixes ever, yep. this is the one, the one you truly need. (oh shit, i've done that joke already 😆🤦‍♀️ )

if ever a WEA Quad deserved the Quadio treatment, this my fellow Quad addicts, is it.

oh g'waan oh Foraging one, put a fat old drunk out of his misery this October, will ya..!? 🙏😳🤯🍻

pretty please?? with 192kHz on the top! 😅🥰🤞
FB, I'm with you on this one. This classic funk/R&B effort would lend itself very nicely to being an awesome Quadio release...no ifs, ands, or buts!🍑 However, if this were to happen I suspect a certain poster wouldn't be so blue anymore!;)

I'm all for AWB coming in even if I've never heard the quad, as it gets such strong forum recommendations.

And yes Rhino is listening. And yes, ZZ Top could arrive in this next batch or the one after.

It really depends on if Rhino wants to set the internet on fire again like the Black Sabbath Paranoid Quadio release did. Or maybe they want to try lower key releases this time. More mellow, Adult Contemporary, Subtle Acoustic songwriters, and understated "pop" records to breathe new life into. Take a much more relaxed pace for those who didn't want any of the last four. Then see how those do sales wise.
I would guess one headliner per batch to get eyeballs, with the other three being more niche.

Last edited:
I don't know if it was a subtle hint, but someone on eBay just listed a whole bunch of CD-4 LP's, and the first batch was Paranoid, Red octopus, J. Geils, and Billion Dollar Babies.
The next four he'd listed were The Mothers of Invention, a Carly Simon, Bette Midler and Machine Head.

It just seemed poignant to me. One of those "when the universe speaks" moments.

I don't know if it was a subtle hint, but someone on eBay just listed a whole bunch of CD-4 LP's, and the first batch was Paranoid, Red octopus, J. Geils, and Billion Dollar Babies.
The next four he'd listed were The Mothers of Invention, a Carly Simon, Bette Midler and Machine Head.

wow..!! 🤯😋 they'd all be incredible Quadio's!! 💘🥳 you don't recall which Carly Simon record it was?

Sounds like “insider trading” if they end up being the next four.

If you had to pick only one Carly for a Quadio, I'm going to guess "Best of." But she ABSOLUTELY deserves a box set! She's got 5 previous quad releases.

"Best of" would be a great Quadio, esp since there are the two hits from her second album on there that never got a quad release. It would be nice to see some Carly Quads, or a Quadio Box, come out while she's still with us. She's been through a lot lately and is most deserving of the praise and accolades she would receive from having a Quadio Box/release come out

Yes, "Best Of..." would be first for Carly and then "No Secrets".

I used to love Bette but she has become such a creep, lately.

Doug

Last edited:
I hope Rhino do a 5.1 Blu Ray
Donny Hathaway Extension of a Man 1973
features Phil Upchurch, Cornell Dupree & Hugh McCracken , David Spinozza on Guitar
And on Bass Willie Weeks or Young Stanley Clarke
Ray Lucas, Fred White, Grady Tate - Drums.
Ralph MacDonald - Percussion

Great Top Production by Arif Mardin.

Because that has that Great Track

"Someday We'll All Be Free"

In 1978- 79
Arif Mardin Remixed that track adding a New Alto Sax Solo by David Sanborn
to replace the Marvin Stamm's Trumpet Solo
On a Best Of Collection LP Edition
(that version never came out on CD, sadly)

i generally want titles that were not released on Q4 so Jackson Browne is at the top of my list..then...Joni-Court and Spark, Eagles -One of these nights, and Seals & Crofts-Summer Breeze. In the first lot ''Paranoid" was my first choice by far because the Q4 was unobtanium. I had recently bought the Paranoid CD-4 and it cost me $70 plus shipping, so getting the quadio in the package deal was amazing. My guess is the next batch will include hot tuna, carly or joni, a jazz title and maybe another starship. Like you all, I have many box sets sitting around just looking pretty, so these quadios are my FIRST CHOICE in surround music. They are fantastic!
Seals & Crofts-Summer Breeze was on a Q4 reel to reel release.

Maybe Rhino can be encouraged to put multiple quad albums from the same act on a single Blu-ray disc, anyone have any info about the incremental cost of remastering a quad master tape, could a reasonable profit be made with 4 or 5 quad albums on a Blu-ray, sold to ~$40?

Kirk Bayne

Maybe Rhino can be encouraged to put multiple quad albums from the same act on a single Blu-ray disc, anyone have any info about the incremental cost of remastering a quad master tape, could a reasonable profit be made with 4 or 5 quad albums on a Blu-ray, sold to ~$40?

Kirk Bayne
Curious if they've done this before. I know they've had box sets, or in the case of Aretha, they created a "new" greatest hits album. But have they done any two-fers, like Dutton Vocalion?

Kirk Bayne
I also broached that subject in a former email to RHINO and their reply was it wasn't feasible because of royalty fees, clearances with artists, etc.

One has to commend Dutton Vocalion's relationship with SONY which allows them to produce two~fers at such an outrageously inexpensive price point.

In the US, it seems the quagmire of licensing fees, royalty fees et alia makes such a 'sweet heart' deal nigh IMPOSSIBLE!

Back