4 New Quadio releases coming in June!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well nearly a month gone by and still haven't received my promised refund yet. Should have taken only a few days to their info. I have contacted them again today and I am curious of their reply! Did anyone here got their refund??
Surprisingly got an answer within reasonable time with an apology and now my money has been transferred to my PayPal account.

Despite all my complaining about delivery issues I haven’t had time to actually play any of these discs.
Threw on Paranoid in stereo last night.
I recall concerns, mine included, about the 2 channel source because quad was the focus.
Well, I take that back because the 2.0 sound on this disc way exceeds my expectations.
Maybe a bit bass heavy (that’s good IMO), but for a metal/hard rock album of this era it sounds full and open, really nice.

I was travelling for the summer so I waited a bit, but Rhino just started its Labor Day sale with free shipping on $50 plus. There's also 15% off most items, but not the bundle. Still ordered it, looking forward to listening.

I ordered Paranoid and B$B on 8/25. I received Paranoid yesterday and B$B is out for delivery today. I have the DVD-A of B$B and the quad DVD of Paranoid from the deluxe edition. I look forward to hearing the differences.
I can assure you that Billion Dollar Babies and Paranoid sound quite different from each other. 👍

I ordered the bundle on 8/29; Paranoid arrived yesterday but the remaining three are still stuck in California. I figured I would have to wait on Black Sabbath but I was wrong! No breakage issues with the case, fortunately. Can’t wait for the others to arrive and Quadio myself into bliss.

Well, after hundreds of pages of hullabaloo: the Quadios are available for sale today from Amazon US. $25 a pop and no fuss with the shipping or customer service. No need to order from the Rhino Store at all, if you can wait three months.
True. I ordered B$B on Wednesday from Amazon US, and it just arrived on my doorstep!

Wonder who has The Outlaws catalog? I think they only released one Quad though, Lady In Waiting.
I have a few CD4 lps still but not my Sansui QRX5500:( my favorite Quad LP is The Outlaw's Lady in Waiting. I just ripped all my collection to FLAC and was going to convert Lady in Waiting to 5.1 just to play with. Really though the stereo version sounds very close when playing the FLAC through my two Denon 5.1 and 7.1 avrs (aka Frankensystem 9.2 channel and growing?
All that is synchronized through the media source hub. Hahha I even tried to sync all that in my HEOS group via Alexa. HDMI can get a little squirrely but tamed it with:

OREI (HDA-929)​

EARC 4K 60Hz Audio Extractor, Extract Dolby Atmos Convert Sound bar 18G HDMI 2.0 ARC Support HDCP 2.2 Dolby Digital/DTS Passthrough CEC, HDR, Dolby Vision, HDR10 Support for Sonos Bose

It's a little Mutt :)

AIMS Ceiling Speakers
DENON SACD ATMOS DTS etc.

SONY SACD
Amazon FireTv Max
Technica TT

AR 15
ELAC
Bose
Micca

Can't wait to see if they release the Outlaws Lady in Waiting in multichannel though ,,,Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20231023_124300111~2 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_20231023_124300111~2 - Copy.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 0
I have a few CD4 lps still but not my Sansui QRX5500:( my favorite Quad LP is The Outlaw's Lady in Waiting. I just ripped all my collection to FLAC and was going to convert Lady in Waiting to 5.1 just to play with. Really though the stereo version sounds very close when playing the FLAC through my two Denon 5.1 and 7.1 avrs (aka Frankensystem 9.2 channel and growing?
All that is synchronized through the media source hub. Hahha I even tried to sync all that in my HEOS group via Alexa. HDMI can get a little squirrely but tamed it with:

OREI (HDA-929)​

EARC 4K 60Hz Audio Extractor, Extract Dolby Atmos Convert Sound bar 18G HDMI 2.0 ARC Support HDCP 2.2 Dolby Digital/DTS Passthrough CEC, HDR, Dolby Vision, HDR10 Support for Sonos Bose

It's a little Mutt :)

AIMS Ceiling Speakers
DENON SACD ATMOS DTS etc.

SONY SACD
Amazon FireTv Max
Technica TT

AR 15
ELAC
Bose
Micca

Can't wait to see if they release the Outlaws Lady in Waiting in multichannel though ,,,Cheers
Hi, welcome to the forum!
I too had a "frankenstein" two AVR Atmos setup and also used a pc and an HDMI extractor to feed an analog input AVR for some of the channels.

Back