Acura TL: DTS swapped out for Dolby Pro Logic II

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they have added DPLII to the TL then you are even better off than Jon or I were. When we had our TL's they did not have true DPLII but instead added a surround element called "TruSurround" (as I recall). It was good, but DPLII is way better!
My 2005 TL has no fake surround whatsoever. Stereo discs and radio & tape are played in double stereo, same front & back, except a little is mixed into the center channel in the front. There is no "TruSurround". I would love to have DPLII for non-surround material, like the 2007 & 2008 TLs. What year was your TL with "TruSurround"?:confused:

DPL II offers "fake" surround if it is used to process surround-sound from stereo source. However, if the original content is multi-channel audio subsequently encoded with DPL II, then the results are just as real (if not more so) than SQ or QS quadraphonic sound.

Can you use DPL II with DVD-Audio? Would that make a difference at all? I would think it wouldn't be necessary with DVD-A...

Larry, I think you do have "Tru-Surround". As I recall, go into your setup, where you can set balance, fader, bass, treble, etc. On the last page, there should be a setting for "TruSurround". It will only work on certain things, like CDs. It will be grayed out for DVD-Audio.

I would think that you could create stereo DVD-Audio's that were DPLII encoded. To the burning software, it would look just like a stereo wav file, and to the playback unit, same thing. If the stereo stream were then processed through the DPLII decoder, you'd be there.

I always wanted to try to create a DTS DVD-Audio, so I could get a lot of surround music on a DVD-A for the car, but never got around to it. Not sure if the DTS decoder would kick in during DVD-Audio playback.

Anyone ever try it?

Larry, I think you do have "Tru-Surround". As I recall, go into your setup, where you can set balance, fader, bass, treble, etc. On the last page, there should be a setting for "TruSurround". It will only work on certain things, like CDs. It will be grayed out for DVD-Audio.
My TL has no such thing. Balance, fader, bass, treble, etc. are all on the same page. There is no other page.

Back