ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Well, my laptop got a nasty virus that completely took over my laptop. I'll spare the gory details, but just now got my laptop to "let me in".
Doing a thorough scrup of it now and hoping it will be fine. I had to remove all the recent downloads (programs) from last few days as that seems to be where I snagged my little friend. Now I just need to find a safe download site to get what I need to rip SACD on my Oppo. In reality, I got the files from a link from another forum and I don't really get it...but oh well. No Simon, not those.....I already had the files before you and I talked. And, it's been acting up ever since and finally took full control yesterday morning.

Wow! Well, my laptop got a nasty virus that completely took over my laptop. I'll spare the gory details, but just now got my laptop to "let me in".
Doing a thorough scrup of it now and hoping it will be fine. I had to remove all the recent downloads (programs) from last few days as that seems to be where I snagged my little friend. Now I just need to find a safe download site to get what I need to rip SACD on my Oppo. In reality, I got the files from a link from another forum and I don't really get it...but oh well. No Simon, not those.....I already had the files before you and I talked. And, it's been acting up ever since and finally took full control yesterday morning.

Gene try this to get rid of it,worked well for me in the past.

Gene try this to get rid of it,worked well for me in the past.

Thanks Jan, and I agree! That's what I'm running right now. :) Actually, my anti-virus program quarantined the little bastard 3 days ago, but something has been going on before that....my laptop keeps telling me it's updating and then it takes me to a screen as if I'm setting it up for the first time. Been doing that for a week now. Yesterday, it finally locked up and that was it.

Sorry to hear about this Gene. I hope you can succeed in bringing it back from the dead.

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks Jan, and I agree! That's what I'm running right now. :) Actually, my anti-virus program quarantined the little bastard 3 days ago, but something has been going on before that....my laptop keeps telling me it's updating and then it takes me to a screen as if I'm setting it up for the first time. Been doing that for a week now. Yesterday, it finally locked up and that was it.

OK good your back in business, I had to reinstall Windows once because of buggers like that. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about this Gene. I hope you can succeed in bringing it back from the dead.

Let me know if I can help.

Thanks - I was officially freaking out last night as I figured all my music files were gone. I had actually convinced myself I was going to Best Buy today to buy a new laptop. Not until I disconnected my laptop from the network, was I able to get to the normal login screen. My USB stick with the "files" was on the network, so I don't know. I'm deleting those for now and going to tip-toe around looking for them again and hopefully I can get them from a reputable place.

This makes me realize I absolutely need to have a 2nd copy of my music somehow. Am I ready for NAS? Maybe I am....

Thanks - I was officially freaking out last night as I figured all my music files were gone. I had actually convinced myself I was going to Best Buy today to buy a new laptop. Not until I disconnected my laptop from the network, was I able to get to the normal login screen. My USB stick with the "files" was on the network, so I don't know. I'm deleting those for now and going to tip-toe around looking for them again and hopefully I can get them from a reputable place.

This makes me realize I absolutely need to have a 2nd copy of my music somehow. Am I ready for NAS? Maybe I am....

I don't really know anything about NAS I'm afraid. I have a bunch of external hard drives and I back up everything there.

That's certainly a good idea, I have all my music on an external hdd and a copy on a second one. I've lost all of my music once because of a crash (during copying my music to a second hdd :yikes). What a pain to do it all again.

I don't really know anything about NAS I'm afraid. I have a bunch of external hard drives and I back up everything there.

I have a single external HD, but it's not a copy. It's where 80% of my music is. I know they are cheap honestly, maybe I'll buy another for a backup.

OH NO! I sure hope you actually meant you got it from another FORUM and not the link I gave you on the OPPO 83 thread. :yikes Either way, viruses are bad M-Kay!

OH NO! I sure hope you actually meant you got it from another FORUM and not the link I gave you on the OPPO 83 thread. :yikes

haha - I don't think so Ed. To be honest, I don't even remember now....but those links are all over various forums...and yet I can't remember where they are now. I followed some of Kal's posts I think, and I'm certainly not blaming anyone. It could just be all coincidence. Now, I don't really know. I have those files in my download history and I just ran a scan on them all, and it doesn't come up with any problems..... I'm tempted to try them again. :yikes

FYI, Carly Simon is participating in a live Q&A on her official Facebook page tomorrow @ 12:30 EST.
If any of you are interested in asking her about having her 70s Quadraphonic mixes reissued on Rhino Records, I would go and leave a question under the appropriate Facebook post right now! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listening to Beach Boys - Pet Sounds in mono. Denon is set to Pure Direct. Sounds very nice. Lights are low, got it cranked. Dig it man...

All you need is another beer and a few Home Runs... ;)

Listening to Beach Boys - Pet Sounds in mono. Denon is set to Pure Direct. Sounds very nice. Lights are low, got it cranked. Dig it man...

Gene, if you really love "Pet Sounds", you absolutely have to buy the new classic albums Blu-Ray documentary for this album. It's great! :)

Pet Sounds in stereo has better clarity, nicer quality of each track from the multis. I was surprised not that I like it better than mono, but that each instrument would be of nicer quality.

I have not heard the 5.1 but I am sure it's fab as well if one is not stuck on the original mono mix.

Pet Sounds in stereo has better clarity, nicer quality of each track from the multis. I was surprised not that I like it better than mono, but that each instrument would be of nicer quality.

I have not heard the 5.1 but I am sure it's fab as well if one is not stuck on the original mono mix.

I've never been a huge fan of the 5.1 mix of "Pet Sounds", preferring to listen to the album in stereo or mono. There's not too many albums I can say that about, but given the way "Pet Sounds" was originally recorded, it just sounds better when it's not spread out over so many channels.

yeah, I have the stereo as well and yeah..it sounds great.

Back