ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching one of those Rock Legend shows on AXS Channel about Rush...titled 2112 and Moving Pictures....very interesting...check it out if you can...

According to the internet(and you know they are always perfect) the AXS channel is available on these US platforms.....Directv-340....Dish-167....Verizon Fios-569.... AT&T U-Verse-1106...Comcast(Philadelphia)- 897

Kooo CLint - got Directv they got Rolling Stones stuff on all day - Crossfire and Havana Moon Movies - Ron Wood show with Paul Mccartney and eps with Slash and Alice Cooper hmmm - DVR time:rocks

People go on and on about Dennis DeYoung and Tommy Shaw and as much as I love their stuff, but for James Young is the one that defines what Styx is all about. The man is the only original member left in the band and he's still rocking with the same vitality and energy as on the first album. Go JY! Go!

He projects as an interesting intelligent guy....I really enjoyed the recent interview with Styx by Dan Rather on AXS..

When I hear JT sing Trouble At The Big Show, I think he’s going to start belting out...

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall.......:ROFLMAO:

I’ve been listening to a lot of Rush lately. One of their albums that I’ve never heard (other than 1 or 2 songs) is Presto. I listened to it just this past week and wondered why I never purchased that one. Though, it was during a period of time, I didn’t listen to Rush at all. Anyway, I feel it’s one of their best and quite a bit different. Now, I have all their albums but my favorites are everything up to Roll The Bones. That is, until Clockwork Angels. My opinion, their last great album. :)

People go on and on about Dennis DeYoung and Tommy Shaw and I love their stuff, but for me, James Young is the one that defines what Styx is all about. The man is the only original member left in the band and he's still rocking with the same vitality and energy as on the first album. Go JY! Go!

Although I like DeYoung's contributions to the band...I think Styx made the right choice...really the only choice at the time....I think there is a good comparison that already exists IMO...Roger Waters for me is like DeYoung...I loved Waters during the Pink Floyd prime years and I can't stand him now...and I can understand why he was so toxic to have around...Waters kept telling the press he was no longer with Pink Floyd...even when they didn't bring up the topic...HE WOULD...and for a guy that wanted to distance himself from PF...he kept doing the songs...it's an expression called a "humble brag"...while trying to complain about his link to Pink Floyd...he was actually patting himself on the back...DeYoung is from the same mold...he hasn't done anything noteworthy since his Styx days and HE...like Waters...keeps bringing up Styx references whenever he can...his radio show promotes his Styx involvement or most people wouldn't even know who he is...but I got a laugh at the delusional nature of some fans...they just think that Styx is doomed after the interview with Dan Rather and the band needs to run out and hire Dennis right away or the universe will explode:ROFLMAO:

If you haven't seen the interview with Dan...here is a clip that addresses the issue with DeYoung..

Last edited:
Although I like DeYoung's contributions to the band...I think Styx made the right choice...really the only choice at the time....I think there is a good comparison that already exists IMO...Roger Waters for me is like DeYoung...I loved Waters during the Pink Floyd prime years and I can't stand him now...and I can understand why he was so toxic to have around...Waters kept telling the press he was no longer with Pink Floyd...even when they didn't bring up the topic...HE WOULD...and for a guy that wanted to distance himself from PF...he kept doing the songs...it's an expression called a "humble brag"...while trying to complain about his link to Pink Floyd...he was actually patting himself on the back...DeYoung is from the same mold...he hasn't done anything noteworthy since his Styx days and HE...like Waters...keeps bringing up Styx references whenever he can...his radio show promotes his involvement Styx or most people wouldn't even know who he is...but I got a laugh at the delusional nature of some fans...they just think that Styx is doomed after the interview with Dan Rather and the band needs to run out and hire Dennis right away or the universe will explode:ROFLMAO:

If you haven't seen the interview with Dan...here is a clip that addresses the issue with DeYoung..

Interesting interview! Styx still sound like Styx to me, slightly different but not a lot. I've loved the band since Equinox, they have done some good and some bad albums like all bands. I do like the Mission, all I've got to do now is get through the pile of new albums I have and listen to it in 5.1 :rocks

Interesting interview! Styx still sound like Styx to me, slightly different but not a lot. I've loved the band since Equinox, they have done some good and some bad albums like all bands. I do like the Mission, all I've got to do now is get through the pile of new albums I have and listen to it in 5.1 :rocks

Do you have access to the AXS channel in the UK?

Do you have access to the AXS channel in the UK?
Nope :( not on Sky (UK Satellite provider) and not via the internet either! Have to set up a VPN
1533415818655.png

Today I watched a show about Eric Clapton which focused on the 1970's....it was long..2 hours and 45 minutes on the AXS channel...I did other things while it was on...I don't have the patience to just sit there for that length of time for that type of show....but there was a lot covered for one decade...and I found some things I didn't know...I think most Clapton fans would like it if they haven't seen it already... Eric Clapton the 70's Review is the title...

Today I watched a show about Eric Clapton which focused on the 1970's....it was long..2 hours and 45 minutes on the AXS channel...I did other things while it was on...I don't have the patience to just sit there for that length of time for that type of show....but there was a lot covered for one decade...and I found some things I didn't know...I think most Clapton fans would like it if they haven't seen it already... Eric Clapton the 70's Review is the title...
I've one on my Satellite Hard drive which was shown on BBC4 recently (130 minutes) which I haven't got round to watching yet, called Eric Clapton: Life In 12 Bars.

Well, this is sort of about music.....

So, my lawn mower died and I had to buy a new one....of course...just a push mower as I have a pretty small yard....but you just gotta love new mowers. Man....

Troy-Built with a Honda motor...and self propelled... woo hoo!!! It starts and runs so smoooooooooooooooothhhhhhhh. :)
So, I had to drop $350 for this....and will it "cut" (LMAO) into my music funds? Time will tell....

So, my lawn mower died and I had to buy a new one....of course...just a push mower as I have a pretty small yard....but you just gotta love new mowers. Man....

Troy-Built with a Honda motor...and self propelled... woo hoo!!! It starts and runs so smoooooooooooooooothhhhhhhh. :)
So, I had to drop $350 for this....and will it "cut" (LMAO) into my music funds? Time will tell....

https://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/61/5...though-the-radiance-which-was-once-106193.png

Mowing the grass is as therapeutic as listening to music I think! Though I have had a few badger.jpg digging holes for worms etc. and the mower wheels disappear into them, they raid the bird peanut feeder as well! Can't call it a lawn too wild, meadow/wildlife sanctuary is closer, I've a few wild orchids growing in it too. Probably I was influenced by the Groundhog's track "Garden" off "Thank Christ For The Bomb"!

Back