ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, so far, only bought from sellers who have years of experience and very high ratings. That Boz Scaggs half speed master is OOP and to get a sealed new copy you have to spend nearly $100....so if I can get a near mint copy for less than $20....I think it's a good deal. Now, if the damn thing has skips...well....not such a good deal. So far, the 2 used LP's I've purchase on ebay have been in very good condition....

LOL - just got a text message saying the Boz has already shipped...WOW! Now that is freaky fast... :)

Yes, so far, only bought from sellers who have years of experience and very high ratings. That Boz Scaggs half speed master is OOP and to get a sealed new copy you have to spend nearly $100....so if I can get a near mint copy for less than $20....I think it's a good deal. Now, if the damn thing has skips...well....not such a good deal. So far, the 2 used LP's I've purchase on ebay have been in very good condition....

Ok...that's cool...I just don't want you to get a bad product and then blame the messenger(Ebay)...there are SO many options on Ebay once you learn the ropes...and now that you are used to using Pay Pal and PP Credit...it opens a lot of doors....

Just bought a copy of Boz Scaggs Silk Degrees - Half Speed Master LP for $19.31 shipped. Clint....this ebay thing is fully your fault. :) :)

Oh, yeah. "Lido Shuffle" could have been named "Time to turn the radio UP."

-- Jim

Last edited:
LOL - just got a text message saying the Boz has already shipped...WOW! Now that is freaky fast... :)

Well...the downside is that it's probably going to be sent by Media Mail...which can be very slow...but as long as it is packed properly(which bothers me with LPs)you will be good to go...I can't wait until you try the USB function with some of these LP's...btw..did you try the Petty LP yet?

Well...the downside is that it's probably going to be sent by Media Mail...which can be very slow...but as long as it is packed properly(which bothers me with LPs)you will be good to go...I can't wait until you try the USB function with some of these LP's...btw..did you try the Petty LP yet?
Yeah, it's Media Mail and so far all LP's shipped have been in specially made album boxes...same ones that come from Music Direct or any other vendor that sells albums. Crap, forgot about Petty.....it got covered up with my other LP's. I'll give it a spin shortly.....and yeah, I have my laptop hooked up, so maybe I'll try to make a copy of the Petty while I play it. :)

Yeah, it's Media Mail and so far all LP's shipped have been in specially made album boxes...same ones that come from Music Direct or any other vendor that sells albums. Crap, forgot about Petty.....it got covered up with my other LP's. I'll give it a spin shortly.....and yeah, I have my laptop hooked up, so maybe I'll try to make a copy of the Petty while I play it. :)

If it works well that is a nice feature to have...especially recording off of some of this classic vinyl....

Interesting approach to a price increase...I get an email from Elusive Disc about the price of MoFi LP's...letting me know that starting Jan 1st the LP's now priced at $30 and $45 will be $35 and $50...

Interesting approach to a price increase...I get an email from Elusive Disc about the price of MoFi LP's...letting me know that starting Jan 1st the LP's now priced at $30 and $45 will be $35 and $50...

At least giving you the chance to buy like a mad man for the next 2 days :mad:@:

Just bought a copy of Boz Scaggs Silk Degrees - Half Speed Master LP for $19.31 shipped. Clint....this ebay thing is fully your fault. :) :)

View attachment 24112

One of the best albums by ANYONE! I'm not sure if I've ever done this as long as I've been on QQ: I pulled out the '07 CD remaster and am listening now. I had that 1/2 speed when it came out. Sounds great. As I recall, it was in the first batch of CD's distributed by CBS n the US. I've owned this one on LP, 1/2 speed LP, CD, Mofi Gold CD, and '07 expanded CD w/What Can I Say, Jump Street and It's Over live at the Greek.

IMHO, the 1/2 speed LP and Gold CD are the best way to listen to this. Enjoy!

While you're at it, check out these gems. You'll recognize some of the folks from Toto:

Unknown-11.jpeg
Down Two, Then Left
Wonderful follow up to Silk Degrees.
Whatcha Gonna Tell Your Man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZRRVF1JjmI

images-1.jpeg
Other Roads
His comeback after an absence of 8 years. IMHO, some of his best work. Friday Music UK has an expanded CD version.

I Don't Hear You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAuNTLd3Bno

Cool Running Video:

[video=youtube;1kYw8K12wNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kYw8K12wNg[/video]

One of the best albums by ANYONE! I'm not sure if I've ever done this as long as I've been on QQ: I pulled out the '07 CD remaster and am listening now. I had that 1/2 speed when it came out. Sounds great. As I recall, it was in the first batch of CD's distributed by CBS n the US. I've owned this one on LP, 1/2 speed LP, CD, Mofi Gold CD, and '07 expanded CD w/What Can I Say, Jump Street and It's Over live at the Greek.

IMHO, the 1/2 speed LP and Gold CD are the best way to listen to this. Enjoy!

While you're at it, check out these gems. You'll recognize some of the folks from Toto:

View attachment 24180
Down Two, Then Left
Wonderful follow up to Silk Degrees.
Whatcha Gonna Tell Your Man: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZRRVF1JjmI

View attachment 24181
Other Roads
His comeback after an absence of 8 years. IMHO, some of his best work. Friday Music UK has an expanded CD version.

I Don't Hear You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAuNTLd3Bno

Cool Running Video:

[video=youtube;1kYw8K12wNg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kYw8K12wNg[/video]

I love that album...I was going to track down the Gold CD version but I'm pleased with the CBS early master that is a clone to THIS ONE

Well, I suppose this is big news, though I would have LITTLE desire to see them as Axl's voice is crap these days....but interesting none the less. They stand to make a crap load of money per show as the article suggests...

G&R reunite with original lineup in 2016...

I think it would be fantastic if this reunion eventually leads to new music; Slash's last 3 albums have been excellent... as far as the show goes, I live within driving distance of the Coachella Valley, but there's no way I would go to that festival (maybe I'm getting old...:mad:@:) But if this leads to a full tour, who knows!

I decided to re watch Jeff Lynne's ELO at Hyde Park( I have it recorded on my HD-DVR)and it's just a shame that Jeff "doesn't get it" when it comes to offering surround for a concert like this....the performance is off the charts...Jeff hasn't missed a beat on the vocals and his band is excellent at performing these old songs...BUT...geeze...c'mon Jeff...wake up...it's 2015...surround mode on a blu ray concert should be mandatory...and from what I hear the stereo version on the blu ray isn't great either...what a waste.. ELO's music is multi-layered and yet there is only stereo to capture all these instruments...I love ELO's catalog...and much like other high profile bands I like it's the same old song...some people are standing in the way of some great sounding music...like Jimmy Page's stranglehold on Zep's catalog...here Jeff is underwhelming us with mediocre sound quality dragging down great musical content...and don't even get me started on Rush...another underachieving sound quality venture with great songs..when I see what Yes can do with it's catalog I dream of what that kind of treatment could do for Rush...Zep...ELO..and others...it's sad that these bands don't even realize what sonic heights they could attain under the right direction...I'm sure they have no clue how poor some of their songs sound in our living rooms...

I can imagine Geddy Lee coming to my dwelling and sitting down in my listening area...I would put the latest Yes Fragile disc on and see what he thought of it...then I would get up and go to my bathroom and grab a towel and give it to him...when he asks me what the towel is for I would simply say that I'm putting on some Rush music and the towel is to help with the bleeding in his ears when I try to crank it up...I would tell him it's a compression bandage...then I would put the disc in and watch him cringe...I would then ask him if he was being blackmailed by his sound manager...you know what I mean...did this guy have pictures of Geddy with some farm animals or was he threatening his life in some manner...because I can think of no logical reason why the sound quality of Rush music sucks so bad most of the time...the blu rays have been so bad that bootlegs from audience members might be a better option...at the end of the evening I would tell him to drive safely and thank him for listening to me...and as he was walking out the door I would have the latest Yes Fragile disc cranked up to the max:)

Oh boy...I'm fired up. Finally got my 65" TV mounted in wall and so turntable is now in top shelf for easy access. I also bought wireless keyboard and mouse for laptop. So now laptop sits next to stereo connected all time. Sweet! This is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy...I'm fired up. Finally got my 65" TV mounted in wall and so turntable is now in top shelf for easy access. I also bought wireless keyboard and mouse for laptop. So now laptop sits next to stereo connected all time. Sweet! This is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok...let's have some pictures

Back