ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all - I personally LOVE smooth Jazz...and especially if it is with a guitarist who is considered top in his craft. So, Craig Chaquico - Midnight Noon. This is about as good as it gets. And the fidelity is over the top good. I have a FLAC version if anyone would like....

Killer....Craig had a stint with Jefferson Starship....he's top shelf talent.

Hey all - I personally LOVE smooth Jazz...and especially if it is with a guitarist who is considered top in his craft. So, Craig Chaquico - Midnight Noon. This is about as good as it gets. And the fidelity is over the top good. I have a FLAC version if anyone would like....

Killer....Craig had a stint with Jefferson Starship....he's top shelf talent.

This is one killer New Age Silverline MLP 5.1 disc, GOS........AmazonUS has one USED (Acceptable in plain case DVD~Only for 5 bucks + s/h) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&me=&qid=1451536767&sr=1-1&tag=acleint-20

A nice Craig Chaquico cut (Blue Universe) and one by amazing guitarist Ottmar Liebert. Compilation culled from the Higher Octave Label.

Very immersive 5.1 96/24 mix. Right up your alley.

BTW, your set~up looks great.

A Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family.

...While you're at it, check out these gems. You'll recognize some of the folks from Toto:

Yeah, the Toto sound is strong on these. I also enjoyed this one a lot (still do!):

Boz Scaggs Middle Man.jpg

Featuring most of Toto, plus Carlos Santana & a bunch of other heavy hitters, not to mention a synth intro to the title track programmed by Larry Fast of the Synergy albums - anyone remember him?

-- Jim

Their music is very good but I never liked his voice. :couch

Hee hee!

Ages ago, I used to run sound for my friends' band that did all the old 80s & early 90s hair/metal stuff. Lead singer could absolutely nail it all - for a local guy, he was phenomenal. In fact, his Axl Rose was so good I had to fight the urge to mute his mic... :D

-- Jim

9pm now. Well on this side of the pond everyone is off to go binge drinking :brew ...................and hopefully be able to find the way home later! :ugham:

Another slow day huh? But I suppose everyone across the pond is already out partying... :) :)

This song is dedicated to my bud Gos and the other 12 members of his high school graduating class

[video=youtube;0CVLVaBECuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CVLVaBECuc&list=RD0CVLVaBECuc[/video]

This song is dedicated to my bud Gos and the other 12 members of his high school graduating class

[video=youtube;0CVLVaBECuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CVLVaBECuc&list=RD0CVLVaBECuc[/video]

Thanks dude...and all 13 of us are still living.....miracle honestly. Me and "Marsha" were sharing a pint of Jack Daniels in the back row. True....

That's so cool...first there was the "Dirty Dozen"...and then the "mean... lean... thirteen"...I gotta know...was Mrs. Gos from your home town too?

Nope - But she also grew up in a small town....well...town of about 3,500. That being said, I did meet her (just by chance) at the local pub on ladies night in the fall of 1985. She was in "town" because her best friend happened to be bar tending there.....and the rest is history. lol

I've got a stupid question but maybe someone can help... I'd like to rip a redbook cd to flac; I've only ripped cds to apple lossless in the past. The programs I have are Foobar2000, Audiomuxer, and Audacity. Will any of these do it, and which will do it best?

Breakdown Dead Ahead is my favorite Boz on this or any album.

Another great album.

Yeah, the Toto sound is strong on these. I also enjoyed this one a lot (still do!):

View attachment 24275

Featuring most of Toto, plus Carlos Santana & a bunch of other heavy hitters, not to mention a synth intro to the title track programmed by Larry Fast of the Synergy albums - anyone remember him?

-- Jim

Back