ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elton John - Wonderful Crazy Night New album due out in a week or two, but I guess no MC? Seems to be all CDs and vinyl in various configurations, unless I missed something?

Elton John - Wonderful Crazy Night New album due out in a week or two, but I guess no MC? Seems to be all CDs and vinyl in various configurations, unless I missed something?

I doubt if we will see any surround projects from EJ at this point...except blu ray concerts...that ship has sailed..IMO..maybe EJ expert fredblue can provide his opinion..

I doubt if we will see any surround projects from EJ at this point...except blu ray concerts...that ship has sailed..IMO..maybe EJ expert fredblue can provide his opinion..

I certainly don't think we'll see any newly mixed surround releases from Elton John, but besides reissues on Blu-Ray of the other classic surround mixes that have already been released, I still hold out a little bit of hope for also getting those other 4 unreleased classic surround mixes too. They are finished after all. I honestly think that Universal has completely forgotten that they even exist! But regardless, this still reminds me yet again of how angry I am about all of this! :mad:

I certainly don't think we'll see any newly mixed surround releases from Elton John, but besides reissues on Blu-Ray of the other classic surround mixes that have already been released, I still hold out a little bit of hope for also getting those other 4 unreleased classic surround mixes too. They are finished after all. I honestly think that Universal has completely forgotten that they even exist! But regardless, this still reminds me yet again of how angry I am about all of this! :mad:

Are we sure they exist...aside from some article "back in the day" saying they did....and most importantly...if they do...are they damaged or incomplete?..it's hard to believe if they were intact that they wouldn't release them...of course I'm going to answer my own question here and mention that it is Universal we are talking about...maybe we can use the Eddie and The Cruisers strategy...we need somebody at Rolling Stone magazine to pen an article about the "missing tapes"...and see what happens...

Are we sure they exist...aside from some article "back in the day" saying they did....and most importantly...if they do...are they damaged or incomplete?..it's hard to believe if they were intact that they wouldn't release them...of course I'm going to answer my own question here and mention that it is Universal we are talking about...maybe we can use the Eddie and The Cruisers strategy...we need somebody at Rolling Stone magazine to pen an article about the "missing tapes"...and see what happens...

I had personal email correspondence with Greg Penny a few years ago on this when I saw that he had those four unreleased surround mixes listed as part of his discography on his website, and as part of this email, he said: "Oh, those four albums sound incredible ! - and are ready to go."

I had personal email correspondence with Greg Penny a few years ago on this when I saw that he had those four unreleased surround mixes listed as part of his discography on his website, and as part of this email, he said: "Oh, those four albums sound incredible ! - and are ready to go."

Oh boy...that is so frustrating..it's like Mobile Fidelity sitting on releases...geeze...if I would have hit that powerball jackbot I would have "set free" a lot of releases..I would have made them an offer they couldn't refuse:violin

Phil Collins is having a Facebook Q&A in a few mins to tie-in with the release of the first batch of reissues of his solo catalogue. Naturally my question was whether he would be open to having his solo albums released in surround in the future. Hope Springs Eternal! ;)

The cd free with the latest Prog magazine that arrived today has a track from the new Mute Gods cd. Sounds good, that albums on my to get list. Looks like an interesting band - Nick Beggs, Marco Minneman, Roger King and guests. Shame there's not a surround release for this. Having said that, if there was, considering who's in the band, the surround quality may be more Wolflight than Hand Cannot Erase!

For anyone unaware of this band, here's a couple of videos:

http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2016-01-08/the-mute-gods-release-feed-the-troll-video
http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2016-01-22/the-mute-gods-release-father-daughter-video

On February 26th, SONY is releasing a combo of two disc sets (BD~V/RBCD & DVD~V/RBCD) of Michael Jackson's OFF THE WALL with a Spike Lee documentary entitled "Michael Jackson's Journey from Motown to Off The Wall." Wonder if we'll eventually be treated to a two fer when SONY gets around to similarly releasing Jackson's classic THRILLER. There'll be enough real estate on the BD~V and an opportune time to release the 5.1 remix (supposedly one of 50 prepared/rejected for SACD).

BTW, don't know the exact date (February 2016) but US cable network Showtime will be premiering Spike Lee's MJ documentary in DD 5.1.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/p...chael-jackson-off-the-wall-cdblu-ray-reissue/

Back