ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Capture%206.jpg

Hey GOS - Any Chance you are into her husband's music - Michael Penn?? Snood is a huge fan of his stuff. :banana:

Hey GOS - Any Chance you are into her husband's music - Michael Penn?? Snood is a huge fan of his stuff. :banana:

Michael Penn is an awesome songwriter. (The wife ain't so bad herself either, LOL.)

When thinking about what music I'd love to hear in 5.1, I had never considered Michael, but now that I think of it, a lot of his material would work really well.

Getting back to Aimee, have you seen this (relatively) recent video? Very funny spoof of a classic Til Tuesday video. Jon Hamm makes an appearance.

[video=youtube;XA1cX-wgMdM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA1cX-wgMdM[/video]

Michael Penn is an awesome songwriter. (The wife ain't so bad herself either, LOL.)

When thinking about what music I'd love to hear in 5.1, I had never considered Michael, but now that I think of it, a lot of his material would work really well.

Getting back to Aimee, have you seen this (relatively) recent video? Very funny spoof of a classic Til Tuesday video. Jon Hamm makes an appearance.

[video=youtube;XA1cX-wgMdM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA1cX-wgMdM[/video]

Private Universe, how did Snood know you would love Michael Penn tooooooooooooooo :snoodhug:

Never been into the Aimee stuff though....something about her voice just doesn't do it for Snood

Love the video tho :banana:

Roger that, GOS. The band made quite a splash back in the day.

Would love some 'Til Tuesday on SACD.

It's funny - I sure liked Til Tuesday with their haunting music....then much, much later I stumbled across this artist named Aimee Mann :) Not even realizing she was the lead singer of Til Tuesday. Bought 2 of her releases...still not knowing. Then I was randomly reading on Wikipedia and read her page and it's like...whoa! Haha....that's why I love music, all the connections, etc. Same with the guys from The Eagles...I didn't realize that some of them used to be the "band" for Linda Ronstadt....how cool.

It's funny - I sure liked Til Tuesday with their haunting music....then much, much later I stumbled across this artist named Aimee Mann :) Not even realizing she was the lead singer of Til Tuesday. Bought 2 of her releases...still not knowing. Then I was randomly reading on Wikipedia and read her page and it's like...whoa! Haha....that's why I love music, all the connections, etc. Same with the guys from The Eagles...I didn't realize that some of them used to be the "band" for Linda Ronstadt....how cool.

GOS, I watch that kooky twenty something angst soap opera "Girls" on HBO and Michael Penn does the music and it really is one of the highlights of the show.

And really, GOS, who did "Desperado" better than Linda Ronstadt?

GOS, I watch that kooky twenty something angst soap opera "Girls" on HBO and Michael Penn does the music and it really is one of the highlights of the show.

And really, GOS, who did "Desperado" better than Linda Ronstadt?

Heck yeah. I used to have a poster of Linda Ronstadt on my bedroom wall back in the day.... OK, way back in the day. I had a boy crush on her.

Heck yeah. I used to have a poster of Linda Ronstadt on my bedroom wall back in the day.... OK, way back in the day. I had a boy crush on her.

I am trying to learn QQ, so this is a test. I think I just figured out the pop up look on "reply with quote" it's the wrap? Now lets see.

Listening now to Freddie King Texas Cannonball DVD-A 24/96 stereo only. I felt like listening to the blues before I watch football playoffs and become depressed. This DVD-A sonic quality is pretty good, but certainly not great. Looked all over for it on this site to see others opinion but couldn't find anything. Hopefully I can stay away from the "Am I stupid" forum?

Back