ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone told you that you have the most in your face avatar of all QQ? Well Fredblue is right up there too, and my freaky friend Lute, also. Where are you Brett baby?

Just chilling out here, Mark. Literally...it's been a cold wintry week. We're going to get some snow again tonight. I'd better hit the liquor store, too. :brew

Westvleteren-beer.jpg
Just chilling out here, Mark. Literally...it's been a cold wintry week. We're going to get some snow again tonight. I'd better hit the liquor store, too. :brew

Well when I went to the store, I bought some lottery tickets also, because you know I love being a redneck hillbilly and drinking, buying tickets. So tomorrow when I wake up and I see the damage done I will rethink my hillbilly ways.
Serious: good to talk with you. QQ is like a giant mall, just got to ride all the threads and they become like one. I scored my first star today, awesome!

Sadly it's a only stock photo as I have no PhotoBucket(?) yet but I have enjoyed it at the source (Sint-Sixtusabdij) and brought more than one back home:)

Trappist?

Ok... Now I'm going to have to break out a bottle of Westvleteren XII that's been aging away.
What are the blue and green ones?

Cheers! :brew
Don't do it Lute, save it for a special occasion. The three bottles are the standard offerings for the Westvleteren Trappist. Very nice stuff indeed but yours might be even better in a few years.

Well when I went to the store, I bought some lottery tickets also, because you know I love being a redneck hillbilly and drinking, buying tickets. So tomorrow when I wake up and I see the damage done I will rethink my hillbilly ways.
Serious: good to talk with you. QQ is like a giant mall, just got to ride all the threads and they become like one. I scored my first star today, awesome!

I was enjoying the redneck hillbilly life when I went home to see the folks last November. It's been a while since I have seen so many pickup trucks. LOL! HEE HAW! Ya all come back now, ya hear! ;)

QQ is great, isn't it!
At first, I was a bit lost with all the threads, but now I have a blast getting lost in all the nooks and crannies.

I was enjoying the redneck hillbilly life when I went home to see the folks last November. It's been a while since I have seen so many pickup trucks. LOL! HEE HAW! Ya all come back now, ya hear! ;)

QQ is great, isn't it!
At first, I was a bit lost with all the threads, but now I have a blast getting lost in all the nooks and crannies.

We don't call you hayseed for nothing.:mad:@:

Don't do it Lute, save it for a special occasion. The three bottles are the standard offerings for the Westvleteren Trappist. Very nice stuff indeed but yours might be even better in a few years.

Well, I've been sitting on them for over 3 years now. It might be a good time to crack open one.

We don't call you hayseed for nothing.:mad:@:

Are you suggesting that I need a new look? LOL!! Something with overhaul jeans and 4WD. :steering:

Ralphie is still trying to find himself. I suggested a 4-eared Hindu god, but it didn't go over well in the Big Apple. You know how those New Yorkers are. LOL!! ;)

Maybe something with Simon & Garfunkel would be good. He was always going on about them on SACD.net. And... Maybe that would help build some good karma for getting their music released in 4.0 or 5.1.

Well okay then: Appearance, Aroma and Flavor. Or just how incredibly good is it?

Yes, it's incredible good.

It's a dark beer. The color is russet brown. The head is nice and thick...beige in color.
The aroma is fruity...raisins & prunes with cherries & vanilla accents.
The flavor also has the fruity taste of raisins & cherries, but also pleasant malt flavors and toffee. There is a nice oaky/tobacco quality. It's definitely improved with age. I tried a bottle when I first bought it and wasn't knocked out. Now, the taste is more complex and I can taste hints of sherry.

St. Bernardus Abt 12 and Rochefort 10 are also incredible good. You'll get a pretty good idea of what it tastes like from these. I haven't tried aging these 2 beers, though. Hmm...something to try. :brew

Yes, it's incredible good.

It's a dark beer. The color is russet brown. The head is nice and thick...beige in color.
The aroma is fruity...raisins & prunes with cherries & vanilla accents.
The flavor also has the fruity taste of raisins & cherries, but also pleasant malt flavors and toffee. There is a nice oaky/tobacco quality. It's definitely improved with age. I tried a bottle when I first bought it and wasn't knocked out. Now, the taste is more complex and I can taste hints of sherry.

St. Bernardus Abt 12 and Rochefort 10 are also incredible good. You'll get a pretty good idea of what it tastes like from these. I haven't tried aging these 2 beers, though. Hmm...something to try. :brew

hahahahaha! You are killing me...the way you wrote your description reminds me of a thread I started on another forum where I reviewed beers.... :)

Back