ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally had the chance to watch the acclaimed David Bowie documentary "Five Years" last night, and it was astounding! I'm so glad they jumped around in his career instead of focusing on five consecutive years. Doing it this way, they were able to cover "Hunky Dory", "Ziggy Stardust", "Young Americans", "Station to Station", the Berlin Trilogy, and the pop/dance oriented albums after that.
It really showed what an incredible and innovative artist he was. Come to think of it, I really have trouble thinking of other artists that changed their music style over the years this much and yet he stayed so consistently good as far as the quality of the music and recorded productions he released.
I highly recommend all of you check it out when you have an hour to spare! :)

Well I finally had the chance to watch the acclaimed David Bowie documentary "Five Years" last night, and it was astounding! I'm so glad they jumped around in his career instead of focusing on five consecutive years. Doing it this way, they were able to cover "Hunky Dory", "Ziggy Stardust", "Young Americans", "Station to Station", the Berlin Trilogy, and the pop/dance oriented albums after that.
It really showed what an incredible and innovative artist he was. Come to think of it, I really have trouble thinking of other artists that changed their music style over the years this much and yet he stayed so consistently good as far as the quality of the music and recorded productions he released.
I highly recommend all of you check it out when you have an hour to spare! :)

I watched it this morning...very interesting...and it's on again on Tuesday at 11am eastern standard time on MTV Live(formerly Palladia)channel 572 on Directv...

DVD on one side(with better sound..not surround on this one)and a CD layer on the other side...here is one

IMO it's worth having if you can get it at a reasonable price

Oh, it's WAY more than worth seeking out. I have it and it ROCKS! I mean, it's clean and raunchy....you do have to turn it up...but when you do, you will be rewarded!

Oh, it's WAY more than worth seeking out. I have it and it ROCKS! I mean, it's clean and raunchy....you do have to turn it up...but when you do, you will be rewarded!

Dual discs get a bad wrap by some who blame the technology...but some of the individual titles were quite good and improvements over the standard CD...I've always liked that one...maybe EB will grab it...

Dual discs get a bad wrap by some who blame the technology...but some of the individual titles were quite good and improvements over the standard CD...I've always liked that one...maybe EB will grab it...

Yeah, I know. This one is a serious improvement over standard CD. I remember when I first got it.....whoa. Crank it man....it simply rocks. :)

There is nothing better than getting new music in the mail...when you don't even remember ordering it. Such is this....one of these surely must contain 5.1....though not sure which. And, not sure why they sent me the Sanctuary disc...seems I already have that. Maybe they just felt generous.....

KIAMA.jpg

There is nothing better than getting new music in the mail...when you don't even remember ordering it. Such is this....one of these surely must contain 5.1....though not sure which. And, not sure why they sent me the Sanctuary disc...seems I already have that. Maybe they just felt generous.....

KIAMA.jpg

Did the Avocado and Tomatoes come with them?? Are the veggies 5.1? They look fresh and the Avocado is ripe......niiiiiiiiiiice.

Thought some of you might enjoy a Queen and Bowie cover. Ian Cooke Band is playing the music for a series of dance performances over the next two weeks, called "Rock Ballets" and featuring the music of Queen and David Bowie.
If you've heard Antiquasauria, you probably know we love Queen, but learning a bunch of Bowie stuff has been fun as well. Live In-Studio video of SPACE ODDITY, and YOU TAKE MY BREATH AWAY, the tough one. These are our first live performances; not perfect but decent first takes. We'll be doing 18 of their songs. Fun stuff!
Info on the shows (in Denver the 19, 20, 21st).

Thought some of you might enjoy a Queen and Bowie cover. Ian Cooke Band is playing the music for a series of dance performances over the next two weeks, called "Rock Ballets" and featuring the music of Queen and David Bowie.
If you've heard Antiquasauria, you probably know we love Queen, but learning a bunch of Bowie stuff has been fun as well. Live In-Studio video of SPACE ODDITY, and YOU TAKE MY BREATH AWAY, the tough one. These are our first live performances; not perfect but decent first takes. We'll be doing 18 of their songs. Fun stuff!

Thanks for sharing! Looks like the Saturday and Sunday shows are sold out(y)

That is awesome, I particularly love the Bowie cover...just excellent.

I had previously posted about the most recent James Bond when I saw it at my local theater...it's another great Bond movie and it had a stellar feature song to go with it...Sam Smith does an incredible job on "writing's on the wall"...I remember how impressive it sounded in the theater...such vocal clarity...I was really smitten by the sound...well I'm happy to report that the blu ray captures that great sound...I purchased it yesterday(first day out)at my local Target store for $20..if you rent or purchase this blu ray I would love to hear your impressions of Sam Smith doing his thing in Master Audio 7.1

001.jpg
002.jpg

Some songs just "haunt" you...you don't hear them for a long time and then someone mentions them...and wham...you can't stop thinking about them...one of those such songs was mentioned by Bright Side recently...and it just brought back some great memories...that song...Year Of The Cat by Al Stewart...I've always loved that song...just something about it...so I checked out some DR numbers and decided to grab THIS ONE and it sounds good...not compressed...just a few minor sonic blemishes...but it's an "old school" CD..not compressed and a great song list....I'd recommend this one for anyone that loves Al Stewart...

Back