ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched Lady Gaga's tribute to David Bowie from the Grammys last night, and that just did not work for me at all. I would post the video here, but I don't think anyone should subject themselves to watching that. Ymmv though...

Agree completely. Her Vegas style presentation that crammed nine different songs into five minutes didn't do justice to any of the songs. I'm not really a fan of hers but I think that if she wanted to she could have pulled off something good. I think that with Bowie a lot of people get so focused on the alter-egos, fashion, costumes, makeup and genre-hopping (not that all of that wasn't totally awesome) that they miss the fact that underneath all of that was a whole bunch of incredibly well crafted songs. I think Gaga's presentation highlighted all of the former stuff and undermined the latter. Too bad. David certainly deserved better. Stevie Wonder's tribute to Maurice White on the other hand, I thought was great.

I was lucky to find a new copy of this one

004.jpg
005.jpg

I just took a quick look and there are NO copies available on Ebay...amazon US...amazonUK and discogs...so I feel lucky to not only get a copy...but a new copy:)

Hee! I bought a new copy when it was released....let's see...what was it? About $25 or so? :banana: Well, I think mine is an SACD....I think.

I'm pretty sure it was never released on SACD...the only multichannel version is on the DVD...

Shows what I know...also shows how often I listen to it....I'm gonna dig it out... :)

OK, found it. I know why I thought it was an SACD...it's because of the size of the case....same size as my SACD cases....tried to fake me out.

Agree completely. Her Vegas style presentation that crammed nine different songs into five minutes didn't do justice to any of the songs. I'm not really a fan of hers but I think that if she wanted to she could have pulled off something good. I think that with Bowie a lot of people get so focused on the alter-egos, fashion, costumes, makeup and genre-hopping (not that all of that wasn't totally awesome) that they miss the fact that underneath all of that was a whole bunch of incredibly well crafted songs. I think Gaga's presentation highlighted all of the former stuff and undermined the latter. Too bad. David certainly deserved better. Stevie Wonder's tribute to Maurice White on the other hand, I thought was great.

Snood agreed with both rtbluray and PrivateU....

Sat there cringing thru pretty much the whole tribute yeah

Was really under whelmed by the Glenn Frey Eagles tribute also....they looked bored and uninspired.

But yes the Maurice tribute with Stevie was pretty koo

Snood agreed with both rtbluray and PrivateU....

Sat there cringing thru pretty much the whole tribute yeah

Was really under whelmed by the Glenn Frey Eagles tribute also....they looked bored and uninspired.

But yes the Maurice tribute with Stevie was pretty koo

Not surprised...Stevie always puts out his absolute best....he's a monster musician and great steward to music.

Back