Allman Brothers "Idlewild South" Deluxe Edition with 5.1 surround coming soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is years later, but I found a solution that might help someone else.

I finally got around to ripping my Blu-ray of this. Neither eac3to nor MakeMKV seemed to find more than the single, stereo-timed chapter from the Blu-ray structure. However, I opened the disc in MKVmerge GUI and was given the option of various playlists. I chose the one with only 11 chapters, made a CUE file from it, and it's perfect!

Thanks to Cheezmo and all who explained how there was more than one chapter file in there. I wouldn't have otherwise known to look so deeply.

Attached is the CUE sheet for use with the 5.1 mix, in case it helps anyone.
Thanks Marker B! I grew tired of listening to my 4-12 FLAC tracks all containing :30 seconds of the previous song so I just ripped the entire album to one file. Thanks to you I’ve got separate tracks now that the Acura can now shuffle and find. Now if I just knew how to make a cue of the Music From Big Pink Blu-ray that for some reason would only rip to a single file without chapters. Any hints out there?

Now if I just knew how to make a cue of the Music From Big Pink Blu-ray that for some reason would only rip to a single file without chapters. Any hints out there?
I didn't have any problem with perfectly breaking up "Music from Big Pink" into chapters. I used MakeMKV to rip it, converted the MKV to a FLAC using EAC2TO, used my MKV chapter to CUE file converter to create a CUE file, and then foobar2000 to break up the FLAC file using that CUE file. The mkv2cue utility I wrote is available in this post about Bob Marley's "Legend" release.

I didn't have any problem with perfectly breaking up "Music from Big Pink" into chapters. I used MakeMKV to rip it, converted the MKV to a FLAC using EAC2TO, used my MKV chapter to CUE file converter to create a CUE file, and then foobar2000 to break up the FLAC file using that CUE file. The mkv2cue utility I wrote is available in this post about Bob Marley's "Legend" release.
The problem is my MFBP blu-ray disc must be bad because I can no longer make an mkv from the disc. Can I make a cue file some other way say from the CD?

The problem is my MFBP blu-ray disc must be bad because I can no longer make an mkv from the disc. Can I make a cue file some other way say from the CD?
I don't know where my disc is, but I can probably get a CUE sheet for you based on my finished FLACs.

The CD timing is likely different than the Blu-ray.

I hope I got this right:

PERFORMER "Allman Brothers Band"
TITLE "Idlewild South"
REM DATE 1970
REM GENRE "Southern Rock"
FILE "Allman Brothers Band - Idlewild South.flac" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Revival"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Don't Keep Me Wonderin'"
INDEX 01 04:08:32
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Midnight Rider"
INDEX 01 07:40:07
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed"
INDEX 01 11:09:34
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Hoochie Coochie Man"
INDEX 01 18:06:09
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Please Call Home"
INDEX 01 23:03:07
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Leave My Blues at Home"
INDEX 01 27:10:05
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Statesboro Blues (outtake)"
INDEX 01 31:39:01
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed (alt)"
INDEX 01 35:49:36
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "One More Ride (outtake)"
INDEX 01 44:08:41
TRACK 11 AUDIO
TITLE "Midnight Rider (alt)"
INDEX 01 47:58:60

I hope I got this right:

TITLE "Idlewild South"
REM DATE 1970
REM GENRE "Southern Rock"
FILE "Allman Brothers Band - Idlewild South.flac" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Revival"
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "Don't Keep Me Wonderin'"
INDEX 01 04:08:32
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Midnight Rider"
INDEX 01 07:40:07
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed"
INDEX 01 11:09:34
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Hoochie Coochie Man"
INDEX 01 18:06:09
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Please Call Home"
INDEX 01 23:03:07
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Leave My Blues at Home"
INDEX 01 27:10:05
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "Statesboro Blues (outtake)"
INDEX 01 31:39:01
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed (alt)"
INDEX 01 35:49:36
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "One More Ride (outtake)"
INDEX 01 44:08:41
TRACK 11 AUDIO
TITLE "Midnight Rider (alt)"
INDEX 01 47:58:60
Sorry - it is the cue for Music From Big Pink I need. Your previous link for Idlewild I already used and it worked. Thanks.

I hope this works.

I attached the file, since there doesn't seem to be a "code" mode in this forum that will keep the formatting. It had to have a "txt" extension, because "cue" is not allowed here.

Attachments

• The Band - Music from Big Pink.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 0
I hope this works.

I attached the file, since there doesn't seem to be a "code" mode in this forum that will keep the formatting. It had to have a "txt" extension, because "cue" is not allowed here.
You da man! Downloaded it, moved it to the file where my big FLAC was, opened it in Notepad, saved as/renamed to *.cue, closed Notepad, then opened it (went toFoobar2000 automatically). Foobar took care of the rest - converted my big boy file flawlessly to individual tracks. Thanks sooo much!

Back