Bob Dylan Live - Bootleg Series Vol 6 - Audio Fidelity 5.0 Multichannel SACD (March 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out the price.

dylan_sacd_af.jpg

Check out the price.

dylan_sacd_af.jpg

Cupboy, the pricing is on par with all the other AF discs........$30 each (x's 2)

At least they're not charging a premium for the 56 page booklet!

I'm sure with discounting, one can obtain this set for approximately $45 which still ain't bad.

But they should amend the cover art to reflect that it's 2 HYBRID SACDs w/56 page booklet (NOT CDs)!

And if someone doesn't know what a "hybrid" SACD is they can look it up.

Cupboy, the pricing is on par with all the other AF discs........$30 each (x's 2)

I'm sure with discounting, one can obtain this set for approximately $45 which still ain't bad.

But they should amend the cover art to reflect that it's 2 HYBRID SACDs w/56 page booklet (NOT CDs)!

And, it's being released on my birthday...so I'm sure there is also a discount for that. lmao

And, it's being released on my birthday...so I'm sure there is also a discount for that. lmao

GOS, ONLY if you're a registered purchaser from CDJapan.....they usually give you 300 bonus points in your birthday month!

Now you really have to decide: Should I buy a turntable mat for my turntable or the Dylan Bootleg set from AF?

GOS, ONLY if you're a registered purchaser from CDJapan.....they usually give you 300 bonus points in your birthday month!

Now you really have to decide: Should I buy a turntable mat for my turntable or the Dylan Bootleg set from AF?

haha - well, the mat is more important to me at this time. Hee!

I understand that the price is what it is because it's 2 SACDs, so it's double what the normal price would be for a single Audio Fidelity SACD.
But there's no way I can justify paying that much money for this kind of SACD set when I know that the content is not something I'll revisit on a regular enough basis, justifying the expense of such a purchase.

So it's now most likely that I'll sit this one out and save up for other Multichannel SACDs that appear this year from Audio Fidelity instead. :)

I understand that the price is what it is because it's 2 SACDs, so it's double what the normal price would be for a single Audio Fidelity SACD.
But there's no way I can justify paying that much money for this kind of SACD set when I know that the content is not something I'll revisit on a regular enough basis, justifying the expense of such a purchase.

So it's now most likely that I'll sit this one out and save up for other Multichannel SACDs that appear this year from Audio Fidelity instead. :)

I completely agree with you Ryan. NO chance I want this bad enough to spend that kind of money. NO chance at all. Easy decision for me.

And if someone doesn't know what a "hybrid" SACD is they can look it up.

Well said Ralph! :upthumb :upthumb

Ok, it's not exactly cheap at $59.99.. :yikes ...but I do find any quibble over the pricing etc a bit unfortunate.. if this were, lets say 'for arguments sake' (I'm not actually arguing with anyone of course, I just feel its important to also fly the flag for the flip side in these things!) the rare promo SACD of this Dylan title we were dealing with, can you imagine the clamour if a copy came up for sale on eBay.. people would be falling over themselves scrabbling around on there to buy it and ramp it up into triple figures easy, on a good day (or rather bad day!) it'd go totally sky high and more than likely end up in the hands of some rich bitch collector who would squirrel it away, keep it to themselves for all eternity and that would be IT - we'd never even have a chance of hearing the damned thing, even if we wanted to.

My bottom line is; Sony canned this release back in the day.. and now AF have liberated it from its limbo state.. and well.. that in itself is pretty groovy. I imagine people wouldn't be so free with their opining if AF were to get something like the 5.1 of Thriller or Boston or the EJ's out - I have faith AF can do it, look at the stuff they've already delivered.. outstanding job so far.. AF are well on the way with things like this Dylan and the already vault-liberated SuperSession and Child Is Father To The Man 5.1's under their belt.. will AF be so inclined to even bother pursuing other unreleased titles if all they get is whinging about the ones they do.

This rant (brought to you in association with Tanqueray :beer2) is not directed at anyone in particular.. so before anyone gets upset (well do what you like, I'm just expressing my positive vibes as others are expressing their negative ones as they are totally entitled to!) but really.. we at QQ should be happy yet another previously cancelled Sony Surround SACD release is getting released - at last - at all... I mean, if "we" can't get even remotely excited about it, what message does that send out..
Nobody has to buy this one but lets acknowledge that it augurs well for the future at least and is a continued move in the right direction, yeah?

So I'm gonna keep focussing on the good in this whole AF endeavour, for sure (I was NOT thrilled they started out with Breezin'.. that to me was a real WTF moment but I'm glad I didn't let it colour my judgement on what was to come, for what they have released subsequently has been by and large pretty gobsmackingly good!).. lately I find myself thinking back a lot to when I first signed up here.. and were they some grim Multichannel music times, man.. I was mostly having to get out of print things to get my surround fix.. now we've got new surround stuff coming out left, right, rear left, rear right and centre..! :ugham:

Never mind the LFE bollocks, here's the AF Pistols and they're gunning for YOUR business! Haha.. :D

..and that is a very reasoned 'argument' against buying this one, which I am v.happy to countenance.. the AF Pistols, err, pistol, is not held to anyone's head! :D

My reservation is that it's a live performance.....which I'm not crazy about..I'll probably cave in because it's surround..

ditto! (y)

..between us all we could doubtless name many titles/artists we'd prefer studio surround mixes of.. but this is what they've delivered and well I for one am glad because its yet another one of those previously cancelled Sony Surround SACDs I won't have to 'die wondering' about! :violin

My reservation is that it's a live performance.....which I'm not crazy about..I'll probably cave in because it's surround..

Clint, with Dylan in "Good" voice and Joanie B warbling "Silver Daggers" how can you agree to disagree?

Adams right, if this sucker appeared on ebay for $500, the enthusiasm, I'm sure would be overwhelming...or, is that the GIN talking?

And with AF's penchant for excellence, I'm sure this is destined to become another mch BEST SELLER!

Don't think twice, it's alright!

Well - I should have come clean. I'm not really a big Dylan fan. I would have purchased this if it were in the $30 range. But $60...eh...for me...that's a tough pill to swallow. There is a LOT of other music that I have passed on, that I really do need to buy first before I drop $60 on this. Just saying....I fully understand that this is the equal to 2 discs...but that doesn't matter. If they had released 2 Dylan titles at the same time...I Likely wouldn't buy them both just for money sake. :)

"...and here I sit so patiently
waiting to find out what price
you have to pay to get out of
going through all these things twice..."

- Bob Dylan

Well - I should have come clean. I'm not really a big Dylan fan. I would have purchased this if it were in the $30 range. But $60...eh...for me...that's a tough pill to swallow. There is a LOT of other music that I have passed on, that I really do need to buy first before I drop $60 on this. Just saying....I fully understand that this is the equal to 2 discs...but that doesn't matter. If they had released 2 Dylan titles at the same time...I Likely wouldn't buy them both just for money sake. :)

"Well it ain’t no use in turnin’ on your light, babe
That light I never knowed
An’ it ain’t no use in turnin’ on your light, babe
I’m on the dark side of the road
Still I wish there was somethin’ you would do or say
To try and make me change my mind and stay
We never did too much talkin’ anyway
So don’t think twice, it’s all right..."

Back