Buy Stereo, Get Surround Downloads Free Sale !

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Guitarist and Singer David Elias has a special offer this holiday season for Surround Sound fans on his music web site. If you buy Stereo Downloads of his two albums "Crossing" and "The Window", he will email you a link for the Surround Sound DSD Downloads for free!

=======================================================================================================================

Surround Is In... Buy Stereo and Get Surround Free during Christmas week

I have been saying for a good 10 years that Surround Sound (audiophiles call it "multichannel") hasn't caught yet in the music world. I used to think that the movie thing would help the audio thing get going in people's lists of what they wanted to listen to.

But I think the opposite happened. The rear channels (left and right speakers behind you) in most people's 5.1 or 7.1 surround theater setups have been mostly used to hear trucks rumbling by and explosions kind of rumble the sofa seats. Music enjoyment doesn't seem to have entered into that picture as a composition and arrangement for 5 or 7 speakers.

But that was then and this is now. I find a lot more people worldwide (over half of what I sell online is from outside the U.S.) are setup for and interested in surround sound recordings for music. This is awesome! I feel it's a whole huge dimension in recording and mixing that artists, producers and of course listeners can really explore and enjoy as a creative space for sound.

I have had the Surround Sound / Multichannel mixes of my SACD's "Crossing" and "The Window" on sale from my web site since September.

For this Christmas week through January 1, 2014 I can provide you with the Surround mix of either DSD Download at no extra charge.
So if you buy the stereo DSD of "Crossing" or "The Window" I will email you a download link for the surround mixes at no charge.
If you happen to buy the Surround mix instead, of course I'll send you the stereo mix as an email link...

Here's where you can get it:
http://www.davidelias.com

IMPORTANT: This is only good from my direct sales on my web site at the link above.

My stereo DSD Downloads *always* include the DSD64 (as DSF audio files with metadata) as well as the 24/88.2 FLAC and the 320k MP3. You get all 3 copies as downloads in stereo. (Surround downloads are just the DSF audio for DSD.)

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING! I appreciate any and all the feedback on the new hi-rez stuff. It has reopened a world that I was introduced to in 1999 or so and started experimenting with recording in with Gus's help and encouragement.

DSD is still by far the best way to record and listen to music for my ears. Surround Sound has captivated me since those earlier years as well and the adventure of recording and mixing for 5.1 playback was and still is very exciting as a composition arrangement challenge.

NOTE: The surround mixes are mixed as 5.0 for those curious. That means no low frequency audio data was sent to the subchannel (subwoofer that is) in the mix. The audio gear everyone has from all the different manufacturers supports the "crossover" settings that send the proper frequencies (say below 40, 50, 60, 80Hz) to the subwoofer channel. So we (Gus and I) decided way back when to just let that happen through the hardware and software on playback and it does...

Enjoy your holiday - Merry Christmas - Mele Kalikimaka - HAPPY NEW YEAR

- David Elias

PS - new videos of mine keep appearing on my YouTube channel so check them out over the holidays for your entertainment and enjoyment: http://youtube.com/davideliasvideo

PPS - the "Acoustic Trio - DSD Sessions" stereo download is currently #5 of all downloads on http://www.superhirez.com in Canada -- thank you Canada!

http://www.davidelias.com/publicfiles/Mele_Kalikimaka_from_David_Elias.htm

Back