Can on SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sspsandy

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Just read at the Progressive Ears site that the first 4 Can albums are being released on hybrid SACD. The remastered Monster Movie will be released sometime in October. Will have to find out if they will be 5.1. More great Progressive music.

sspsandy said:
Just read at the Progressive Ears site that the first 4 Can albums are being released on hybrid SACD. The remastered Monster Movie will be released sometime in October. Will have to find out if they will be 5.1. More great Progressive music.

They're coming out as Hybrid Stereo SACDs from Spoon Records & Warner Germany. See the story from High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=19852798

The individual albums on SACD are slated for early October. I'm told the 5.1 SACD Sampler may not come out as slated.

It was my impression that a lot of their early stuff was recorded live to 2-track tape, so I doubt there's much 5.1 mixing that could even be done with it...

Could be wrong, though.

dprokopy said:
It was my impression that a lot of their early stuff was recorded live to 2-track tape, so I doubt there's much 5.1 mixing that could even be done with it...

Could be wrong, though.

That could be. And it would explain why their individual albums were announced as Stereo vs. Surround Sound SACDs.

Back