• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Deep Purple Machine Head Q8

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a rare beast. Canadian WB Machine Head. Good luck with the sale.

So the chance of me sneaking in to pick it up cheap to see if it's better than the one I have is kinda slim from what jon is saying? I'll be watching with bated breath!

Ken from northern Alberta

So the chance of me sneaking in to pick it up cheap to see if it's better than the one I have is kinda slim from what jon is saying? I'll be watching with bated breath!

Hi Ken. Yeah, I figure just let the market decide.
At least you already have one, is that right? Same cart?

Yeah I've got the same exact one (Canadian Q8) but I've been playing mine since the 70's (with a bit of a layoff when i had stashed all my Q8's on the truck of my 53 Chevy for about 20 years.) If I remember right i had to unwind the whole thing at least once and do a major salvage job so the sound quality may not be as good as yours.
However i had a few younger folks over for a fish fry about 2 months ago and I played Lazy nice and loud and boy did it turn them(and me) on! As one of the young ladies said' I've never heard musc like this!"

So I may try to hoard another one (yours) but I have a feeling it'll go high!

Well, it sold for a little less than I thought but it's okay. The buyer is a nice fella and an avid collector. (y)

Well thanks, you were a nice seller too lol.... I'm listening to the tape now as a matter of fact. I thought I may have to pay more so it's good you overslept 66Grandeguy... I got into quad back in the early 70s, I tried the newer stuff (5.1; 6.1; 7.1) but went back, I just like the analog sound better I guess.

Back