Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed an order on June 12th, shipped on June 13th, but the order still hasn't arrived.

I guess I should maybe email them to see if there is a tracking number.
There will be a tracking number, if you paid a couple extra dollars for shipping with tracking. If you went the cheapest shipping route, there will be no tracking number.

There will be a tracking number, if you paid a couple extra dollars for shipping with tracking. If you went the cheapest shipping route, there will be no tracking number.

Hmmmm... I didn't get a tracking number in the shipping confirmation, so I am guessing that I did not pay the extra for shipping with tracking. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they arrive!

When you pay for tracking there is a guy in the shipping department that shakes one of those liquid filled black plastic balls with a window. After a couple of shakes he puts it down and it generates a random 8 number sequence. He then writes it down next to your order number. Sometimes he forgets. But that is your tracking number.

I just look at it as insurance in case your package never arrives puts the onus on them to find or replace it.

But they are a good company :)

They are a very small operation, so it wouldn't surprise me if its Michael Dutton himself!

more power to his elbow (and his franking machine!)

these guys are small in size,
big on quality.

DV are my f-ing Quad heroes.

one by one, they are taking all the old Quads I spent the last few 'sleepless night' years falling in love with and then cobbling together into half-assed conversions from SQ LP & Q8 and with all their stunning work they are rendering all of my crap totally obsolete and i couldn't be happier. wow. pinch me, i'm eargasmic. :love:

I've always chosen the cheapest shipping option, and always gotten my order (and I've purchased just about every surround disc D-V has put out)... it takes a couple weeks to get to Cali, but I'm in no hurry (a lot of these discs are still in the shrink-wrap, I'm embarrassed to say!)

No need to be embarrassed...I've got quite a few in that category and they aren't from this year:whistle:

I've always chosen the cheapest shipping option, and always gotten my order (and I've purchased just about every surround disc D-V has put out)... it takes a couple weeks to get to Cali, but I'm in no hurry (a lot of these discs are still in the shrink-wrap, I'm embarrassed to say!)

there's no shame in stockpiling discs til you get the chance/time/inclination to unwrap those beauties and play the heck out of them!

plus, i reckon its good to buy now the DV stuff that we know is only a limited run, like their Return To Forever/Musicmagic Surround SACD, which they said was a limited print run, before it gets discontinued and starts going for silly money on eBay, etc.

I still have several in shrink wrap from when Concord put all Telarc SACDs on sale.

Then BUY the Blu~Ray........sublime.

Cheers for the tip old bean! Will get that...

Going a bit cRaZy over here right now! England got to the semi-final of the World Cup! There’s every chance The Wizard of Watford will be inclined to release more titles as the feel good factor has hit! I'd imagine the post might slow down for a day or two?! Literally...

Back