DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fleetwood Mac - Tusk DVD-V 5.1
An expensive disc as it is only sold with the vinyl and some cds.
It sounds quite good at first listen at least

Loaded, Too Old To Rock and Roll and Primus and the Chocolate Factory. Waiting on Tusk.

Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk", Opeth's "Deliverance & Damnation", & Jethro Tull's "Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll, Too Young To Die"

Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk", Opeth's "Deliverance & Damnation", & Jethro Tull's "Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll, Too Young To Die"

I hope you'll enjoy all of them. I certainly do! (Except maybe not "Deliverance" but that's more of a content thing as a opposed to a surround thing.) :)

Secret Love - Crossfade (DTS DVD-V + CD).

image.jpg

Hi Adam

How is the DTS mix on Crossfade?

Hey :) Its very good! Pretty discrete for the most part with a few effects panned here and there and lead vocals pretty hard in the centre, though they appear everywhere else too which diffuses the effect somewhat but means you don't need to be in any sweet spot to enjoy the mix.. there's some replication/double stereo of lead instruments going on in the rears but its a solid "modern" approach to surround (so not ultra wacky Quad.. which I'm into these days more than ever.. haha!).. musically its like an homogenised kind of amalgam of Toto/Foreigner/Journey/Steely Dan.. which is not meant as any offense to anyone - least of all to this incarnation of "Crossfade" (not to be confused with the much heavier group of the same name who also had a 5.1 release.. bit confusing!) ...I like it and hope more QQ-ers will pick it up and give it a try soon.

Hi Adam

How is the DTS mix on Crossfade?

Oh yes.. I just remembered, one thing I need to double check on the computer, this was coming up as PAL on my disc player.. which, if true, may cause some issues for QQ members in the U.S, Canada, Japan etc where they're exclusively on NTSC for DVD-Video stuff.. but I will have another look at it and make sure it wasn't some setting in my disc player before making an issue out of it :eek:

Steve Hackett - Premonitions box. Decided to take the plunge for an excellent price. Was out all day yesterday and got home late to find that the postman had left this by the back gate, where the post packaging got absolutely soaked through in the heavy rain :mad:. Luckily I don't think that any wet had seeped through the cellophane. Not listened yet, but the box and contents look very nice indeed.

Steve Hackett - Premonitions box. Decided to take the plunge for an excellent price. Was out all day yesterday and got home late to find that the postman had left this by the back gate, where the post packaging got absolutely soaked through in the heavy rain :mad:. Luckily I don't think that any wet had seeped through the cellophane. Not listened yet, but the box and contents look very nice indeed.

It is a great set!
Enjoy :)

Can I be cheeky and ask what the price was pls.? :eek:

Can I be cheeky and ask what the price was pls.? :eek:

It was from play.com (rakuten), basic price £73, the day I bought it they had a promotion of 20x points, which basically means approx £15 off future purchases, I buy through play.com via Quidco where the cash back rate is 3.5% (another £3 off), and finallly I had a £12 play.com voucher that had to be used. So if you have followed all that I reconcile that in my head as coming down to a cost of £43 :spot !

Back