DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish there was a nice release of the Seven Wishes concert VHS from the 80's. I must have played that thing to death. I love their first three albums. I never got to see them live as they never came to Montreal in those days.

There's at least two songs off that album on here. Check it out. The more I play it, the more I like it.

Hahaha..!! :D

Indeed they did! :upthumb

(Shame the inventors of DVD-A can't utilise their own superior format on their new surround music product but still, can't have everything can you.. :eek: )

This is all speculation, but maybe Craig Anderson gave up the ability to author DVD-A/V discs after 2012. (I have not found any DVD-A/V authoring credits for him since that year.)
Plus, if that leaves Neil Wilkes as the only authoring option for DVD-A/V left in this world, he can't author every single DVD or Blu-Ray release, so yeah, we can't have them all, unfortunately…

Right before I left to go to the ARW concert, the mailman delivered "Five Miles Out" and "Discovery" to me, recorded by the magnificent Mike Oldfield.
I have not listened to either one of these titles yet, but one thing automatically irked me about these deluxe editions (besides the fact that "Discovery" is labeled as a DVD-A and it's not, but I won't get into that here…)
The DVDs are not in a plastic disc holder but relegated to the side pouch. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?!
So I switched its place with one of the two CDs in both sets, so that way the DVDs are a lot more protected every time I take them out of their cases to give them a spin!

:)

What's your latest 5.1 album on lossy DVD-V?

Since record companies insist on releasing 5.1 albums on lossy DVD-V, this thread sadly becomes necessary. Please don't list DVD-V concerts/music videos, Blu-Ray-A, DVD-A, DTS CD, Dolby Digital CD or SACD's here. There are separate threads for each one of these.

My latest is, of course:
View attachment 11783
View attachment 11781

I was late to the benefit...I mean party.
Just got Benefit a week ago. :)

Back