Fish announces future Dolby Atmos deluxe remixes from his back catalogue ("13th Star" out in July!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A long message from Fish on Facebook. Bottom line: Deluxe editions for Vigil... and Internal Exile with Blu Ray Atmos/5.1 discs are hopefully available by the end of April. Which seems VERY optimistic tbh. But at least they are coming!

Excerpt:
I've mentioned the 'Internal Exile ' and Vigil in a Wilderness of Mirrors' releases on the last Fish on Fridays and have been meaning to explain a bit more on these.
At the moment the idea is to have both titles in deluxe edition hardback books in slip cases with 100 pages of sleevenotes, photos and artwork in the same way as the '13th Star'. 'Weltschmerz' and 'Feast of Consequences ' deluxe versions.
The discs will be different with 4 cd's and a blu ray disc in panels inside the book.
On both titles disc 1 is the 2024 Calum Malcolm remixed album with all the attendant B sides, disc 2 are the original demos all mixed and mastered, discs 3 and 4 are the best of live material from across the various band line ups and tours all remastered
The Blu Ray will have the dolby atmos and 5.1 versions of the remixed albums by Avril Mackintosh and Andy Bradfield , the original album versions, an extensive documentary which includes a lot of footage from the relevant periods, the promo videos for the singles and at least one if not two of the official bootlegs of entire shows from the early 90's all remastered by Calum Malcolm.
That is the plan and as you can see it's a huge package of material which has and is taking a long time to create and put together.
(...)
As well as the Hardback deluxe version I'm also making the albums available as a small 'deluxe' version similar to the existing remasters that are available for the other titles like 'Sunsets' Raingods' etc
They will have the 4 audio cd's in a 13 x14 cm hardback book with about 50 pages or so of artwork and sleevenotes etc but without the Blu Ray disc. I am looking at a retail price for this of £19.99 plus VAT
The deluxe version Im am looking at £49.99 plus VAT which is £5 higher than the 'Weltschmerz' deluxe price in 2020
I'm interested in your feedback on this as I have to be careful with how I deal with all the product from here on in. (...)

So at the moment both 'Vigil', and 'Internal' are hopefully going to be available at the end of April .

Thanks for posting this.

I have asked if he could keep price to 37.50 pounds like 13th Star boxset or maybe 50 pounds if you only order 1 title and $75 pounds if people order both titles.
$50 pounds per title seems steep to me, was Weltschmerz really 50 pounds on initial order as see it for 37.50 pounds on Fish's website now.

I know this probably won't go any where but I asked if any chance he could sell just the BR at let's say $20 pounds per title. He is doing a run of boxset without Br at 20 pounds so why not.
If more people sent in that maybe he would consider.

peter

The Fish solo stuff has always been a bit hit or miss for me, so I will not be rebuying his entire back catalog should he re-release every title as a deluxe set with surround mixes. On the other hand, both 13th Star and Weltschmerz are gorgeous packages and well worth the price, so if he can keep up the same quality I'll need to make a careful decision on each title that comes out. Vigil is definitely a must buy for me even at a higher price, but I haven't decided on the rest yet. I'm skeptical that a standalone blu-ray will ever be an option for any of these titles.

Individual Blu-rays would be awesome. With the abundance of releases I will have to be a little pickier, which who would have thought just a few years earlier

I will buy every studio album Fish puts out in surround. I think the mixes have been first rate. I artwork and packaging is truly superb. The content ranges from OK to awesome, but there are always a few gems on every release. There is also unique video and graphics on them. I'm looking most forward to A Feast of Consequences, but Vigil and Exile are also quite good. These are pricy, especially shipped to the US. Maybe a better deal if they ship in pairs.

Search out the video content from Weltschmerz. It's first rate.

Thanks for posting this.

I have asked if he could keep price to 37.50 pounds like 13th Star boxset or maybe 50 pounds if you only order 1 title and $75 pounds if people order both titles.
$50 pounds per title seems steep to me, was Weltschmerz really 50 pounds on initial order as see it for 37.50 pounds on Fish's website now.

I know this probably won't go any where but I asked if any chance he could sell just the BR at let's say $20 pounds per title. He is doing a run of boxset without Br at 20 pounds so why not.
If more people sent in that maybe he would consider.

peter
I agree about asking for a separate bluray. He is asking for feedback and will clearly try and do whatever makes economic sense for him, so the more comments for a standalone bluray, the more chance there will be one.

I will buy every studio album Fish puts out in surround. I think the mixes have been first rate. I artwork and packaging is truly superb. The content ranges from OK to awesome, but there are always a few gems on every release. There is also unique video and graphics on them. I'm looking most forward to A Feast of Consequences, but Vigil and Exile are also quite good. These are pricy, especially shipped to the US. Maybe a better deal if they ship in pairs.

Search out the video content from Weltschmerz. It's first rate.
The way I read it, only Vigil and Exile are coming out with Atmos/5.1 options. He already released A Feast of Consequences, but sadly with no surround version of the album.

https://store.fishmusic.scot/product/a-feast-of-consequences-cd-dvd-deluxe-edition/

Back