GBYBR deluxe set - new dvd?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shark42

Silly question, perhaps.

The impending three-disc set with the companion DVD - will this in fact simply be the "Classic Albums" doc on the record (that I, for one, already have...) or will it be an all new doc? I'd be shocked if it was new, but, you know, in a good way... heh

Any info yet?

shark42 said:
Silly question, perhaps.

The impending three-disc set with the companion DVD - will this in fact simply be the "Classic Albums" doc on the record (that I, for one, already have...) or will it be an all new doc? I'd be shocked if it was new, but, you know, in a good way... heh

Any info yet?

Shark, How is that DVD??? I've never seen it but almost bought it.
Hopefully we will know ahead of time if this is the same Classic Albums DVD included with the SACD.
If it's anything like Pink Floyd's Dark Side Classic Albums DVD...I want it!
Have you seen what the price on Amazon.com is going to be for this release? $39.99!
Yikes!
Tim

shark42 said:
Silly question, perhaps.

Any info yet?

My understanding is that it "from the Classic Albums" series, so it sounds like the same DVD Video.

bmoura said:
My understanding is that it "from the Classic Albums" series, so it sounds like the same DVD Video.

saves me some money...

as for Classic albums (now sorta on topic...) I'm a total whore for them all. I've even got the Metal ones (Iron Maiden/Metallica/Judas Priest), and I kinda hate those bands. Still, the docs totally rock, and the Maiden one's pretty hillarious. The two vintage brit metal ones are real life Spinal Tap docs (and, blessedly, they even reference this fact...)

There are highs (Bat out of Hell, Joshua Tree, Songs in the Key of Life, Graceland, etc.), good ones (the Dead discs, Electric Ladyland), and not so interesting but with really nice little bits (Lou Reed's Transformer, for one...) My absolute dream DVDs, many of them.

The DSOTM one was average, meaning it was great! :) Check out them all, and -not- on TV. All the DVDs include significant extra footage, often better than what's in the main doc (at least for this group - less populist, more geeky!!!)

timw said:
Shark, How is that DVD??? I've never seen it but almost bought it.
Hopefully we will know ahead of time if this is the same Classic Albums DVD included with the SACD.
If it's anything like Pink Floyd's Dark Side Classic Albums DVD...I want it!
Have you seen what the price on Amazon.com is going to be for this release? $39.99!
Yikes!
Tim

CD Universe has the GBYBR SACD/DVD-V set for $27.99US

Back