Triumph "Greatest Hits: Remixed", with 5.1 DVD, mixed by Richard Chycki

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr. simple

Not really a doctor...
QQ Supporter
I did a search and couldn't find anything on the forum about this. I just watched the Triumph documentary, "Rock and Roll Machine" (of course), and decided to take a look at their website. On the "The Band" tab, under "The 2000s", it says:

"Released on May 18, 2010, ‘Greatest Hits: Remixed‘ includes all of the Triumph classics, but with simply awe-inspiring sonics, with Rich Chycki (who has previously worked with Aerosmith and Rush), remixing all of the tracks. The deluxe, two-disc set, ‘Greatest Hits: Remixed‘, clearly is just what the fans were expecting. As well as the remixed CD, it also includes a DVD mixed in 5.1 audio, featuring fourteen promo and live videos in widescreen."

Have any of you given this DVD a listen?

Missed this, too, but should have it by the end of the week. A lot of great music from that band.

Interesting description for the title if you scroll down:

Roxy is a brand of Quiksilver, Inc., the world's leading outdoor sports lifestyle company, which designs, produces and distributes a diversified mix of branded apparel, footwear, accessories and related products. Quiksivler's apparel and footwear brands represent a casual lifestyle for young-minded people that connect with its boardriding culture and heritage, while outdoor sports symbolize a long standing commitment to technical expertise and competitive success. The company's products are sold in more than 90 countries.

Yeah... whatever... if it’s in surround I’ll buy it.

Well, there is this amzon review.......

Shouldn’t have been remastered but it’s a hits packed CD.
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on December 13, 2022
Verified Purchase
I absolutely love these guys. For a little while I kind of became MySpace buddies with Rick Emmett. This is a seriously awesome greatest hits collection but I’m not the biggest fan of the remastered songs. If I had to guess, they were done during the Loudness Wars so if you have a high end audio set up it’s going to sound kinda distorted at moderate volume and the extra percussion added to some of the tracks is a little too much. For me anyway. If you’re using a factory audio system or off the shelf home audio set up it shouldn’t be bad.

Well. It has Lay It On The Line and Magic Power so I'm in.
Probably equal to Cinderella, etc surround video hits of that era.
8171+iAURQL._SL1263_.jpg

Well, there is this amzon review.......

Shouldn’t have been remastered but it’s a hits packed CD.
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on December 13, 2022
Verified Purchase
I absolutely love these guys. For a little while I kind of became MySpace buddies with Rick Emmett. This is a seriously awesome greatest hits collection but I’m not the biggest fan of the remastered songs. If I had to guess, they were done during the Loudness Wars so if you have a high end audio set up it’s going to sound kinda distorted at moderate volume and the extra percussion added to some of the tracks is a little too much. For me anyway. If you’re using a factory audio system or off the shelf home audio set up it shouldn’t be bad.
I take it with a grain of salt when the reviewer doesn’t know the difference between remixed and remastered.

Back