Gentle Giant "Power & Glory" Blu Ray & DVD mixed by SW coming early Summer '14

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DMJ, you are too funny even when not trying! :cool:

24 years of living in California will do it every time.(y)

Actually those bands from the 80's were more into "posing" than anything else. Not the toughest lads out there.

Personally, I just don't wanna read any comments by people looking for Flock Of Seagulls in 5.1.:mad:@:

RE: Giant Giant - Power & The Glory. I will probably say this 10 million more times, but I think it is the perfect display of what GG did. Classical virtuoso playing & vocal harmonizing, changing instruments all the time and all kinds of crazy unpredictable changes. Cogs in Cogs will be a sonic showcase & a spectacle all at the same time. That will be UNREAL in 5.1.

Nice article on MusicTAP today!

As you are all too familiar with, Steven Wilson’s remix cred is impeccable. When he likes a project, he can deliver the definitive audio version of that album. On July 22, Alucard Records, with the distributing muscle of Universal, will reissue the 1974 Gentle Giant title of The Power And The Glory as a Steven Wilson remix. As far as we know, there will be several versions of the album. One version will be a 2CD set, another will be a 3CD set, and there will be a Deluxe 2CD/DVD version.
The Power And The Glory is, like many of Steven Wilson remixes, an album that will be hotly anticipated, especially for it’s 5.1 Surround mix.
More information forthcoming.

http://www.musictap.net/2014/05/19/...bum-the-power-and-the-glory-for-july-release/ :)

Thanks RT (y)

This 5.1 title came out of the blue since GG isn't very commercial or popular. Nonetheless, for me it was a shockingly good surprise. I LOVE this record. I never expected to get it in 5.1 let alone for us to get a reference mix by the likes of SW. Wow is all I can say. :banana: :banana: :banana:

P.S. This is another Universal release. Looks like Universal has decided to get into 5.1. with a purpose. This is great news any way you look at it.

Will this be available through Headphone Dust website? I'd like to order from there.

Will this be available through Headphone Dust website? I'd like to order from there.

That's my intention as well, re. Neil Wilkes comment about supporting releases.

amazon.co.uk doesn't list it under Gentle Giant, or (The) Power And The Glory, only when you add Steven Wilson does it find it, so brilliant search by zfox!

Waiting for the Shed that Burns to have this or of course the dusty headphone.

I pinged HeadphoneDust yesterday and asked if they would be stocking non-Panegyric releases, waiting for a reply. I can't see a reason why not, but there are no Jethro Tull releases on the site.

Back