Gentle Giant "Three Piece Suite" — Steven Wilson Mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's that juicy back cover scan:
81v7LbbqQQL._SL1326_.jpg

:)

Amazon US have reduced the price to $14.59.

Pulled the trigger at this price.

I personally found the Penteo upmixes on Octopus frustrating and distracting; the difference wasn't subtle to me, and it was probably the songs I most wanted to hear. I'm glad they handled these albums that way - and including all three albums as flat transfers is a superb bonus.

It might make more sense to view this as a stereo BD-A of their early work with the multichannel tracks as bonuses.

It might make more sense to view this as a stereo BD-A of their early work with the multichannel tracks as bonuses.

The remixes (stereo & surround sound) are the centerpiece of this collection with the original stereo mixes being included for completeness.

:)

I was going to get this regardless for the surround songs but very cool that they included all 3 albums as well(96/24 flat transfer,this is real bonus to get these versions), another fantastic way to give fans more bang for their buck.

The final preview video before release on Friday! :)
[video=youtube;SQPp69MVAaw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQPp69MVAaw[/video]

That made me pull the trigger as well. Although I have a poor history with Amazon US fulfilling anything like this...we'll see what happens...

Are you referring to the OCTOPUS surround cock-up? I had a problem with acousticsounds.com with that one, but it originated on the distributor's side, as people who ordered the surround blu ray wound up with the regular stereo only version. To their credit, acousticsounds.com immediately sent a box with postage for return, and gave me the surround for the cost of the stereo version :banana:

Bull Moose had this in my mailbox in central PA on Friday the 29th. Sound is awesome, nice visuals too..
:smokin:51banana: I am totally blown away, I ordered this just one week earlier on Friday the 22nd. with shipping $22.96

Got an email that Amazon had shipped my copy yesterday. Come home nothing in the mailbox. Then I get a new email from Amazon item dropped off at front door.
I run to the front door open it and there it is!
I grab the package tear it open and look forward to escaping this bad news day.
Then I notice something.

Amazon sent me the cd only version.

After I came too I started the return process then ordered the correct bluray plus cd version.

It will come in a couple of weeks.

As for the new hole in my living room wall I really wanted to change the color anyways.....

Got an email that Amazon had shipped my copy yesterday. Come home nothing in the mailbox. Then I get a new email from Amazon item dropped off at front door.
I run to the front door open it and there it is!
I grab the package tear it open and look forward to escaping this bad news day.
Then I notice something.

Amazon sent me the cd only version.

After I came too I started the return process then ordered the correct bluray plus cd version.

It will come in a couple of weeks.

As for the new hole in my living room wall I really wanted to change the color anyways.....

Bummer! So Amazon made the goof, or you did? :(

You Know Gos with those Amazon preorders it is very easy to confuse the formats. This is most likely my mistake when I ordered but I thought I was buying the bluray version.

Oh well it will get here eventually, I can wait out the time listening to some Tom Petty in 5.1 and feel a little sad as most of us here are.

You Know Gos with those Amazon preorders it is very easy to confuse the formats. This is most likely my mistake when I ordered but I thought I was buying the bluray version.

Oh well it will get here eventually, I can wait out the time listening to some Tom Petty in 5.1 and feel a little sad as most of us here are.

I made the same mistake and got the CD version. It's the stupid way that Amazon catalogs its items. The only way to find the blu-ray version is if you search under 'Movies and TV', unless you specifically search for 'Gentle Giant blu-ray'. How dumb is that?

I made the same mistake and got the CD version. It's the stupid way that Amazon catalogs its items. The only way to find the blu-ray version is if you search under 'Movies and TV', unless you specifically search for 'Gentle Giant blu-ray'. How dumb is that?

Apparently Amazon has a hard rule for any music release that the description is to be completely misleading or wrong. Also "CD" is starting to be used generically for "album" now. Even when the product format is a bluray disc and not a 16/44.1 audio CD format. Fun times...

Back