Howard Jones surround mixes from Cherry Red!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I saw that too. I went ahead and clicked on Paypal, and the order went through.
I'm a little late to this party, but I made it 🥳

Was a little confused with the Pre-Order button and PayPal button at first (since the Pre-order was the same date as release date) but figured out when you hit Pre-order it puts the title in your cart, then add the other title with Pre-order button into your cart and check out with them together. Not sure it saves on shipping though :unsure:

Please bear in mind that this release is all about new mixes - and not about previous content. The whole album has been remixed in a continuous sequence synchronised to the visuals I created for projection at Howard's live shows. The Blu-Ray is quite full with the video, 5.1, stereo and Atmos content!! I actually made a point to the label that this should be all about new content, not just rereleasing again all the previous versions.

No afterthoughts here - just moving forward!! SWTx
Totally agree with this approach SWT! Cherry Red has done an excellent job curating all of Howard's previously released material. I love the fact that these new releases offer new content and mixes.

I recently ordered the UFO TV show (PAL format) from Amazon.uk using my (USA) Amazon account.

(a commentary track said Micheal Billington was almost cast as James Bond)

Kirk Bayne
I LOVE that show! Obsessed with it as a kid and just watched the entire series again via stream. Billington was THE reason I watched it..... and the purple hair. 🤣

I just recently found a Blu-ray of UFO's predecessor, Journey to the Far Side of the Sun.

Please bear in mind that this release is all about new mixes - and not about previous content. The whole album has been remixed in a continuous sequence synchronised to the visuals I created for projection at Howard's live shows. The Blu-Ray is quite full with the video, 5.1, stereo and Atmos content!! I actually made a point to the label that this should be all about new content, not just rereleasing again all the previous versions.

No afterthoughts here - just moving forward!! SWTx
Just curious Stephen: with the new stereo mixes, did you try to stay true to the original mixes, or just go with what you and/or Howard wanted this time around, regardless of the original mixes?

Just curious Stephen: with the new stereo mixes, did you try to stay true to the original mixes, or just go with what you and/or Howard wanted this time around, regardless of the original mixes?
The stereo and surround mixes have the same approach - a nod towards the original arrangements but with a fresh mix perspective. The surround mix was always the main incentive, and I wanted to create the feel of continuity between the tracks, so the beginnings and endings are often different, trying to avoid the fadeouts on many of the originals - always trying to make each track lead into the next with atmosphere. And they are supported by the visuals. It is about making a complete experience rather than just a collection of songs. This was all my choice.

The stereo and surround mixes have the same approach - a nod towards the original arrangements but with a fresh mix perspective. The surround mix was always the main incentive, and I wanted to create the feel of continuity between the tracks, so the beginnings and endings are often different, trying to avoid the fadeouts on many of the originals - always trying to make each track lead into the next with atmosphere. And they are supported by the visuals. It is about making a complete experience rather than just a collection of songs. This was all my choice.
Thank you for putting the dream into action! I'm really looking forward to it.

I remember being introduced to "What is Love?" on my first trip to London in January of 1984 where I heard it played at the Camden Palace (along with Thomas Dolby's "Hyperactive" and "Relax" by Frankie GTH, among others) so hearing it always brings back good memories.

Both titles duly ordered.

Deep Discount has both now at excellent prices.

....as does Import CDs.

Dream Into Action:
Import CDs: $23.56
Deep Discount: $25.16

Human's Lib:
Import CDs: $25.50
Deep Discount: $27.86

Both sites refer to these discs as CD + DVD combos. But the UPC codes are the same as the CD + Blu-ray combos on the Cherry Red so I am assuming that the mention of DVD is a mistake. I imagine these should be listed at Amazon USA and Bull Moose soon.

....as does Import CDs.

Dream Into Action:
Import CDs: $23.56
Deep Discount: $25.16

Human's Lib:
Import CDs: $25.50
Deep Discount: $27.86

Both sites refer to these discs as CD + DVD combos. But the UPC codes are the same as the CD + Blu-ray combos on the Cherry Red so I am assuming that the mention of DVD is a mistake. I imagine these should be listed at Amazon USA and Bull Moose soon.
Deep Discount has shipping included for orders over $25. So, the pricing is pretty close.

Back