Howard Jones surround mixes from Cherry Red!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you to Mike Vieira of Life In Surround for inviting me to chat about all kinds of things - especially Howard Jones!!
SWTx

Great interview.

Stephen, have you ever considered writing a book? I've read books by Al Schmitt, Geoff Emerick, Glyn Johns, Bill Schnee, etc. I am sure reading about your experiences would be just as fascinating.

Great interview.

Stephen, have you ever considered writing a book? I've read books by Al Schmitt, Geoff Emerick, Glyn Johns, Bill Schnee, etc. I am sure reading about your experiences would be just as fascinating.
Thanks!! People keep suggesting that!! I reckon I have to do it at some point if I can find someone to help - as far as I am concerned I would always want to talk about why I do things, rather than how - and I keep being reminded about some of the wildest unforeseen magic moments that have changed the course of my life - all about being in the wrong place at the right time!! SWTx

Hopefully I can share some information soon - my relationship with Howard has been a very important part of my history from the early 80s until now.

I have put my heart and soul into the works for the upcoming releases, as i did for the original albums - so I really hope it will express what I want to share with everyone. As ever it depends on what the label wants to release, so I hope to find out more soon!!

So many anniversaries!! This represents the 40th Anniversary of HoJo's first releases.

SWTx
Watched your interview with Mike on the YouTube Life In Surround channel and enjoyed everything. Looking forward to the future interviews to hear more of what you wish to share. Brilliant! :geek:

Watched your interview with Mike on the YouTube Life In Surround channel and enjoyed everything. Looking forward to the future interviews to hear more of what you wish to share. Brilliant! :geek:
Yes, I agree. It would be great if this was a periodic thing, when new releases are coming out, for example.

Initially, I thought 45 mins (or whatever it was) was a bit long, but it went quickly because both the interviewer and the interviewee were engaging and had lots of to say. Mike with his thoughtful questions, Stephen with his interesting answers. And both with their insights and personal opinions which they would just drop in as they came up.

I wish, LOL!
I only wish they would have included the extended 45 rpm 12" import version of "No One Is To Blame" with Phil Collins on drums to this release as it did get significant airplay here in the states as well as it just plain "jumps" off the grooves! I can only imagine what it could/would sound like in a 5.1 or Atmos mix...

I only wish they would have included the extended 45 rpm 12" import version of "No One Is To Blame" with Phil Collins on drums to this release as it did get significant airplay here in the states as well as it just plain "jumps" off the grooves! I can only imagine what it could/would sound like in a 5.1 or Atmos mix...
I may have pointed this out before, but that version of 'No One is to Blame' became part of the 'One To One' CD release - it was made quite some time after Dream Into Action. So I would expect it to be included in the next special edition (if it ever happens!)

I didn't realize that the extended mix w/Collins on "No One..." was released as a bonus track on "One on One" even though it was released prior to this album in March of 1986. Definitely an example of a "tweener" single release that subsequently became a moderate radio hit thus necessitated a physical "parking" space other than a stand-alone 12" or 45.

I didn't realize that the extended mix w/Collins on "No One..." was released as a bonus track on "One on One" even though it was released prior to this album in March of 1986. Definitely an example of a "tweener" single release that subsequently became a moderate radio hit thus necessitated a physical "parking" space other than a stand-alone 12" or 45.
exactly - and stylistically it is quite different to all the material on DIA, SWT

If they do One to One it will be on that album.
I much more prefer the original version personally. I hope that One to One and The Prisoner get this same treatment. After that meh.

Back