Ian Cooke new album "Antiquasauria" released Aug. 7th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update from me too.
We have a couple of very minor mix tweaks to do (they will take about an hour at the very most all-in) and the 5.1 will be done.
Then it's the turn of the instrumentals versions (which are not what you might expect - rather than just muting the vocals, Ian has recorded special parts to go in their place and they sound great) and time to author the DVD's........

On a personal note this has been an incredible project to be involved with, it really has, and I want to say a big "thank you" to the QQ'ers who made this happen and when you guys & gals hear the results I think you will agree that there are some seriously infectious melodies on this record that embed themselves into your head & won't move out.

We have a couple of very minor mix tweaks to do (they will take about an hour at the very most all-in) and the 5.1 will be done.
Then it's the turn of the instrumentals versions (which are not what you might expect - rather than just muting the vocals, Ian has recorded special parts to go in their place and they sound great) and time to author the DVD's........

On a personal note this has been an incredible project to be involved with, it really has, and I want to say a big "thank you" to the QQ'ers who made this happen and when you guys & gals hear the results I think you will agree that there are some seriously infectious melodies on this record that embed themselves into your head & won't move out.
Sounds promising Neil. Do you know if Burning Shed will also be stocking the set?

Hi Adam, when you go to the webshop and select All, there is a cd/dvd set on page two.

Thanks Robert :) Hmm.. that is very odd though.. there was a bit of a scrum on here one time when this one was discovered, or rather QQ was first alerted to its existence.. I got in there early and ordered the set on bandcamp while there was stock showing but as happens a lot once we get to hear about a title it sells out straight away.. I only got a copied DVD-R as it turned out they'd run out of pressed discs and were unlikely to get anymore.

Super excited! I'll get in early to avoid disappointment! (I imagine this will sell well..)

Apologies for not answering the question of "The Fall I Fell". In all honesty I don't have a great answer.
TFIF came out in 2007 and in 2009 I released 1000 DVD/CD packages in a new blue origami jacket, designed by Cooke. It was the second surround mix I'd worked on with Bob Ferbrache and the second DVD I'd produced and authored. While I'm happy about certain things about the disc, I'm also embarrassed about other things (the lighting, for one), as it was my first go as a producer. Long story short I often battle with myself on releasing it as-is, or re-doing many elements of the disc in conjunction with a vinyl pressing of the album. While I'm proud of everything we've done, there is no question that The Fall I Fell is the best album, and so I'm very cautious in dealing with it, even though I produced it and am "in charge".

I apologize for not getting it back in print, and I apologize for sending DVD-R copies out. It's not professional but as of now it is the best way to get folks the surround mix. While compressed, I think the Ferbrache 5.1 mix is fantastic. In a perfect world, we'd have new surround mixes of The Fall I Fell and Fortitude (!!!!) out at the same time as Antiquasauria, but I'm struggling to keep everything in line as it is. I now have video of many songs from TFIF performed live, and could make a much more interesting doc of the story of the album. Because we physically print, score, and fold each copy ourselves, we try to make the product worthwhile.

As of now, TFIF is out of print. My gut instinct is to re-do the doc portion of the disc, re-author as DVD-A first, and re-press. Cooke's is to leave it as-is, as a document (and re-press)
I hope honesty will suffice for now!
Especially to those who have seen TFIF, feel free to chime in.
THANKS for your interest!

Apologies for not answering the question of "The Fall I Fell". In all honesty I don't have a great answer.
TFIF came out in 2007 and in 2009 I released 1000 DVD/CD packages in a new blue origami jacket, designed by Cooke. It was the second surround mix I'd worked on with Bob Ferbrache and the second DVD I'd produced and authored. While I'm happy about certain things about the disc, I'm also embarrassed about other things (the lighting, for one), as it was my first go as a producer. Long story short I often battle with myself on releasing it as-is, or re-doing many elements of the disc in conjunction with a vinyl pressing of the album. While I'm proud of everything we've done, there is no question that The Fall I Fell is the best album, and so I'm very cautious in dealing with it, even though I produced it and am "in charge".

I apologize for not getting it back in print, and I apologize for sending DVD-R copies out. It's not professional but as of now it is the best way to get folks the surround mix. While compressed, I think the Ferbrache 5.1 mix is fantastic. In a perfect world, we'd have new surround mixes of The Fall I Fell and Fortitude (!!!!) out at the same time as Antiquasauria, but I'm struggling to keep everything in line as it is. I now have video of many songs from TFIF performed live, and could make a much more interesting doc of the story of the album. Because we physically print, score, and fold each copy ourselves, we try to make the product worthwhile.

As of now, TFIF is out of print. My gut instinct is to re-do the doc portion of the disc, re-author as DVD-A first, and re-press. Cooke's is to leave it as-is, as a document (and re-press)

No need to apologize as far as I'm concerned! It's a superb release in every respect.

I appreciate your consternation but let's face it it's a nice dilemma when you create something that's such a success it sells out :)

I understood I was getting a burnt disc and while I'm a fussy old dink who'd rather have a pressed copy (plus there's the questions of durability and lifespan of recordable CD/DVD media) the package itself is still lovely and the contents (the most important thing) wonderful (excellent 5.1 too, which is of course a crucial thing for QQ folk).. my only gripe I was surprised it was still available as I thought that was it and it was all sold out!

If you re-release The Fall I Fell with a silver pressed DVD-A/V I'd be first in line to buy another! (y)

Ian,

I would love to get a DVDA of TFIF and Fortitude.
I hope you can convince Ian Cooke that there is a appetite for it.

peter

Awesome....just placed order for the DVD/CD combo. Love the music.

Eh....I sure hope I ordered the correct one....here is the description. Is this the one with 5.1 surround? I hope so....

Ian Cooke "Antiquasauria" LP w/ DVD, CD w/ DVD, Limited Edition Print, Deluxe Set - DVD / CD / Book / Origami

(Edit: regarding The Fall I Fell being available from an earlier post)
No, it hasn't been available for a while now. We ran out maybe a year ago (?). I just looked and couldn't find it on ebay either.

Oddly, The Fall I Fell is available digitally for free if you have Amazon Prime, here. Cooke's first, and a very solid and sad concept album.

Jackets For The Trip is the album we made 3 years before that, with a surround mix by Bob Ferbrache. I only have a dozen-ish left from the only pressing, but it appears there are some cheap used copies (CD/DVD) on amazon. Noteworthy in that is Uphollow's last album, and includes the first four songs Cooke wrote.

(Edit: regarding The Fall I Fell being available from an earlier post)
No, it hasn't been available for a while now. We ran out maybe a year ago (?). I just looked and couldn't find it on ebay either.

Oddly, The Fall I Fell is available digitally for free if you have Amazon Prime, here. Cooke's first, and a very solid and sad concept album.

Jackets For The Trip is the album we made 3 years before that, with a surround mix by Bob Ferbrache. I only have a dozen-ish left from the only pressing, but it appears there are some cheap used copies (CD/DVD) on amazon. Noteworthy in that is Uphollow's last album, and includes the first four songs Cooke wrote.

Cool - I went ahead and bought Jackets For The Trip via Amazon...got it for $5.99 shipped. Now that's a steal....music is great as well. Thanks for pointing that out.

Glad I got in early on those others thank to the forum. Ordered this as well, as those are excellent. Will order anything new as well, Ian has earn't the right to blind buying in my book.

Well, now THAT'S embarrassing! OOPS! I'm writing them right now to have them take that down. It's odd, because we didn't even start with that company until after Fortitude was released so I'm not even sure how or when that was put up. Once again, my apologies.
Thanks for ordering Jackets for the Trip!

Shipped!!! Wasn't expecting this for another month..... :banana:

EDIT: The notice was for The Fall I Fell... (which I already have) so now I'm confused...:confused:

Shipped!!! Wasn't expecting this for another month..... :banana:

EDIT: The notice was for The Fall I Fell... (which I already have) so now I'm confused...:confused:

Oh! :yikes I got an email like that too (and I don't think I've got around to pre-ordering it yet! I didn't think it was ready to go yet anyway!?)

Back