Ian Cooke new album "Antiquasauria" released Aug. 7th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered this as well. $11 shipping to Canada may feel a little steep, but it is still a decent value given the original price of $15 for a CD/DVD set. We know the mix and authoring will be good with Neil involved. Plus, you can tell a lot of heart and soul went into the whole package. Well done Ian! I am really looking forward to it!

This is coming out next week, can't wait to hear what the Ian's did musically and with Neil Wilkes working on the surround this should be a fantastic release.
Not sure when I will get my hands on and be able to hear as got this release sent to a friends house in USA so I might have a bit of a wait but hopefully sometime this month.

Ian Cooke tweet a couple of days ago
"Pre-orders are shipping next week! Get your limited edition #microraptor print: https://youtu.be/2Vivrqog2ao #linocut #printing

Bad news: due to the crazy amount of time it takes to fold and assemble these ("I've got blisters on my fingers!!!"), et al, the store release date has been pushed back to September 4th for those in the United States. This is our first time working with a major distributor so it'll be nice to have a release available in stores.

Good news: all pre-orders are shipping this coming week! I want to honor and respect those that pre-order, so those aren't delayed at all. All orders this coming week will also be shipped, so take the leap on this if you haven't already!

On a personal note: this release was a fun journey. Neil Wilkes is a joy to work with, and the mix exceeded all of our expectations. The authoring is pro as well. I worked on a bunch of video and visual content for the DVD and the net, and am still working on trying to get people to engage with it in various ways. I'd love to hear your thoughts on what works and doesn't work. Dinosaur prog!

antiq_disc CU.jpg
Here are more pics of the physical versions.

I got mine in the mail yesterday. The mix is great - liking the music and the booklet is very cool.. (y)

Awesome....just placed order for the DVD/CD combo. Love the music.

Eh....I sure hope I ordered the correct one....here is the description. Is this the one with 5.1 surround? I hope so....

Ian Cooke "Antiquasauria" LP w/ DVD, CD w/ DVD, Limited Edition Print, Deluxe Set - DVD / CD / Book / Origami

I just got my copy yesterday.....sort of freaked me out...the outside of the package said "Illegal Pete's" I was thinking....what the heck am I getting!!??

I gave this a spin last night. My first impressions are that it is very discrete and warm. Nobody could ever claim the sound to be too bright. Nice surround mix by Neil Wilkes. I haven't followed the lyric book while listening, but a quick peek confirms the album to have a dinosaur concept throughout. A fine effort.

I just got my copy yesterday.....sort of freaked me out...the outside of the package said "Illegal Pete's" I was thinking....what the heck am I getting!!??

LOL... that explains the shipping confirmation email I received a week ago with the title "Illegal Petes has sent you a package". I thought for sure it was spam, so I never clicked on the tracking number link. I guess it was legit after all, and my copy should arrive any day now!

LOL... that explains the shipping confirmation email I received a week ago with the title "Illegal Petes has sent you a package". I thought for sure it was spam, so I never clicked on the tracking number link. I guess it was legit after all, and my copy should arrive any day now!

LOL! Yep, that's the same email I received...and I too thought it was spam. In fact, I deleted it. It should arrive in a thin package about the same size as a standard LP.

Have no fear! Nothing illegal is being shipped from Colorado. :)
I'm glad you are receiving the packages. This has been a long process and it's nice to have people listening to it finally. I like that lizardking in New Zealand is the first to receive it (and I love New Zealand).
Re: post. The booklet is also in video form on the dvd (lyrics and timelapse art), as well as some videos.
Ian O

Have no fear! Nothing illegal is being shipped from Colorado. :)
I'm glad you are receiving the packages. This has been a long process and it's nice to have people listening to it finally. I like that lizardking in New Zealand is the first to receive it (and I love New Zealand).
Re: post. The booklet is also in video form on the dvd (lyrics and timelapse art), as well as some videos.
Ian O

I like it that I was the first to get it -- funny that!... I don't usually get things first here.....

The mix is really good too!

P.S. I thought the notification was spam also....:yikes

wow arrived yesterday no time to listen though !!! I like the colouring book :)

I also love the packaging as a non standard package the fold out offers great protection and minimal scratch oppertunity.

probably does not cost that much either, where did teh design come from, as my daughter a graphics student thinks in the 'Bee's Knee's'

Love the packaging and the content - nice to see that the surround mix is available in dts and PCM. A really well put together product. Thanks to Neil for his excellent work on the DVD. (y)

Rusinurbe - Cooke designed the CD jacket for his 2007 album The Fall I Fell and we've used it on each CD since. It's pretty great, and can hold 4 discs pretty well.

He is pretty good with 3D art stuff. He designed a more intricate CD jacket for my band Eolian. I remember asking him if he would be interested in doing it, and explaining the idea to him from the kitchen as he was in the next room. When I was done explaining, he walked into the kitchen and handed me a perfect prototype that he had folded while was talking.
It became this 12" (it's a nest - the album is about birds):
eolian.jpg

More recently he made a big Quetzalcoatlus costume for the song. :)

Rusinurbe - Cooke designed the CD jacket for his 2007 album The Fall I Fell and we've used it on each CD since. It's pretty great, and can hold 4 discs pretty well.

He is pretty good with 3D art stuff. He designed a more intricate CD jacket for my band Eolian. I remember asking him if he would be interested in doing it, and explaining the idea to him from the kitchen as he was in the next room. When I was done explaining, he walked into the kitchen and handed me a perfect prototype that he had folded while was talking.
It became this 12" (it's a nest - the album is about birds):
View attachment 20669

More recently he made a big Quetzalcoatlus costume for the song. :)

That's great I have that Eolian CD as well Not such a good design though impressive to look at, just frustrating getting the disc in and out with out creasing the paper

HOORAH, I got my copy yesterday.
I was going to listen to the 5.1 first but as I was at work, I couldn't wait any longer so listened to the stereo on head phones at my workstation. It was a enjoyable listen so now couldn't wait to get to hear the 5.1 and listened to the album in the car on the way home. Fantastic stuff, it checks all the box's for me:

Is the music interesting and fresh-YES, The two Ian's have done a great job, Ian Cooke's writing/singing/playing(top notch) and Ian O'Dougherty has done a masterful job on the production of this album.

How's the 5.1 mix-YES(Fantastic,really like what Neil Wilkes has done). Neil hasn't done very many mixes yet but I hope he gets way more work from artists, as Neil totally gets it, his mixes are very discreet and are a joy to listen to.
Neil W. is one of my favorite surround mixers, can't wait to hear his next mix.

Will this get repeat listening-OH YES,many more listens coming up the rest of this week.

Will there be a poll setup for this album, as there should be, its very deserving of more discussion and reviews and I hope more people pick this up, it should be in everyone's music library.

peter

Back