Jeff Beck Group & Birds of Fire - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACDs (August 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that I know of. It's certainly not listed on amazon yet. (Jeff Beck Group is however)
I'm sure Brian (or Jon) will come along at some point on here with more details (and a release date), but the news on this is definitely a QQ (Facebook) exclusive for right now! :)

Thanks RT :) I'm so happy!!! I was literally dreaming this one in decent sound quality in my sleep the other night (not just dreaming about it but dreaming it note for note in my head in bed! ..weird I know.. but it beats electric sheep..!)

Thanks RT :) I'm so happy!!! I was literally dreaming this one in decent sound quality in my sleep the other night (not just dreaming about it but dreaming it note for note in my head in bed! ..weird I know.. but it beats electric sheep..!)

Sheep 4.0...aka SheepQuad...

This is now the most anticipated AF Quad release for me! (Yes, even more than the Best of the Doors now)
Not only am I thinking about sending Marshall an email with my thanks for this release, but I'll also encourage them to work with Warner Music/Rhino to reissue the 5.1 surround mix of Billy Cobham's "Spectrum" as an AF SACD. That would be another winner for sure! :)

I love this album and I saw these guys in concert back in the day. I remember being amazed by John Mclaughlins' guitar playing. Keep this up AF and I will have to name a baby after you.....or get a tattoo.

This is now the most anticipated AF Quad release for me! (Yes, even more than the Best of the Doors now)
Not only am I thinking about sending Marshall an email with my thanks for this release, but I'll also encourage them to work with Warner Music/Rhino to reissue the 5.1 surround mix of Billy Cobham's "Spectrum" as an AF SACD. That would be another winner for sure! :)

QQ's very own steelydave sussed out the surround of Spectrum to superb effect! AF should consult him on what to do to make the most of the 5.1 mix :upthumb

Emailed Marshall and got a response back VERY quickly! Here's what he said to say about "Spectrum":

Regarding Billy Cobham, we have a request in for "Spectrum". Keep your fingers crossed.

Like I always say, Hope Springs Eternal! Look at AF, always thinking ahead of the curve! :)

Emailed Marshall and got a response back VERY quickly! Here's what he said to say about "Spectrum":

Like I always say, Hope Springs Eternal! Look at AF, always thinking ahead of the curve! :)

My gob is smacked! :yikes I hope AF are making a few quid out of this Surround endeavour, they deserve it, they're totally cleaning up and making the other audiophile boutique labels look like rank amateurs.

The QQ Mods just posted this on their FB page:

"Wait! We have one more extra special announcement today.
Audio Fidelity will also release the classic Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds Of Fire on SACD! We'll get the classic quadraphonic mix in the highest resolution commercially available as well as stereo mix on SACD & CD layers. Great for us, these guys are on a roll!"
:D

https://www.facebook.com/QuadraphonicQuad?fref=nf

Yes, this is simply amazing news - I hope "those in the know" can keep us updated on how we can or when we can pre order this super disc.

BIRDS OF FIRE ............that's great news, and timely.

We were just discussing this disc and posting pics on the Matrix lp thread. (Check it out.)

Maybe Marshall was enlightend by our QUAD LP POSTS?????

I've loved this album since I first bought it on cassette, got it a few years ago on SQ vinyl, and now I'll be able to buy it as a 4.0 SACD YIPEEEEE! :banana::cool::woopie

Santana Quads are now a possibility

Maybe not "Caravanserai" since it was already released as a stereo SACD by Mobile Fidelity, but I'm sure AF have already enquired about the others to Sony, or if they haven't, they should as they will definitely be big sellers for sure!

Back