King Crimson DVD-A Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With every PT/SW/KC release, I watch with some bemusement as street date approaches and the complaints start rolling in on delays and product availability via Amazon. I have purchased every release via Burning Shed and have had my product delivered on time and in perfect condition with ZERO issues. The biggest part (for me at least) of the value proposition is delivery and quality of service. While everyone else is waiting and wondering when it will arrive, Burning Shed customers have already been listening for several weeks. Well worth the few $$$ difference IMHO.

I agree that it is worth paying a little bit more for the level of service and to support this boutique business. And now that they are apparently accepting PayPal, I have no problem ordering from them either!

Well worth the few $$$ difference IMHO.
I agree that it is worth paying a little bit more

from my most recent experience:
£74.99+14 shipping ($115 at the moment of transaction) came onto my VISA bill as $147 from which,
i guess, $32 to keep bank's pants from falling down because of starvation.
goverment and postal services perhaps didn't wanted to go hungry too and this reflects another $21.55
for duty fees+GST+delivery/handling. so grant total i paid cool extra $53.55
probably for some people $50 is just a means to lite-up their cigar but i'm obviously not one of them and thus
would be very carefull when buying stuff from overseas. particularly if same can be found locally in Canada or USA.

"probably for some people $50 is just a means to lite-up their cigar."

Actually I used a $100 bill to light my Victory Cigar as the Boston Bruins became the 2011 Stanley Cup Champions last month. There were no $50 bills available as the fans in Vancouver had all of them ready to use as
confetti for the Championship Parade they planned after game two. . .

They ultimately used them to set fire to their city after game 7 ;-)

from my most recent experience:
£74.99+14 shipping ($115 at the moment of transaction) came onto my VISA bill as $147 from which,
i guess, $32 to keep bank's pants from falling down because of starvation.
goverment and postal services perhaps didn't wanted to go hungry too and this reflects another $21.55
for duty fees+GST+delivery/handling. so grant total i paid cool extra $53.55
probably for some people $50 is just a means to lite-up their cigar but i'm obviously not one of them and thus
would be very carefull when buying stuff from overseas. particularly if same can be found locally in Canada or USA.

I'm guessing that this is a Canadian issue, because I get mine delivered to the good ol' USA for $16.90 plus $6.20 shipping - no other charges - leaves me with plenty extra to light up my cigar:)

Just in case anyone's curious to know why Larks' has been delayed/replaced with Discipline for this year's releases, Steven has the answer:

Discipline recently replaced LTIA in the release schedule while DGM / Panegyric continue to locate and clear some key archive TV footage of the 5 piece line up to go on the DVDA. Hopefully when it is finally cleared, along with the audio bonus material, this will make Larks one of the most compelling and comprehensive reissues in the whole series. Frustrating I know, but I think the wait will be worthwhile.

SW

Just in case anyone's curious to know why Larks' has been delayed/replaced with Discipline for this year's releases, Steven has the answer:

Yeah...I can certainly go along with that. The 73/74 KC is my have stuff so waiting a bit to make the package even better is fine by me...

When business men would clap their hands and clip another fat cigar. Very stoked that SABB is almost imminent and LTIA is getting even better~

I'm guessing that this is a Canadian issue, because I get mine delivered to the good ol' USA for $16.90 plus $6.20 shipping - no other charges - leaves me with plenty extra to light up my cigar:)

No, something doesn't seem right to me. I buy things overseas on my VISA card all the time and have them shipped to Canada. My CC company give me very attractive exchange rates on international transactions.

Okay, it is Monday Morning, and as promised here is the first - world exclusive - look at the next 2 in the series.
Remember - you read it all here first!!

CD - Starless & Bible Black

CD - Discipline
Matte Kudasai (alt take)
OK, it's Monday morning a couple of weeks later. Looks great, thanks Neil!

One question, though: Isn't Matte Kudasai an alternative mix (w RF solo gtr)?

OK, it's Monday morning a couple of weeks later. Looks great, thanks Neil!

One question, though: Isn't Matte Kudasai an alternative mix (w RF solo gtr)?

Nope - on the 30th anniversary edition it is an alternate take.
At least, this is what the spreadsheet I got from DGM tells me........
plus Bill Bruford coupled with Tony Levin's bass is tighter than a metronome ....it's easy to see why it may be thought of as an alt mix instead of an alt take.

There are changes now as well......I am going to go & edit the listings.

EDIT.

For some reason I cannot edit the original listing, so here are the changes. Not all is new - I am relisting the relevant sections in their entirety for clarification

1 - DISCIPLINE.
EXTRAS - ADDITIONAL TRACKS (24/96 MLP Lossless & 24/48 LPCM only)
1 - A selection of Adrians's Vocal Loops
2 - The Sheltering Sky (SW Alternate Mix)
3 - Thela Hun Gingeet (SW Alternate Mix)
4 - The Terrifying Tale of Thela Hun Gingeet (from "Tourbox")
5 - Elephant Talk (12" Dance Remix) (needle-drop at 24/96)

2 - STARLESS AND BIBLE BLACK
EXTRAS - VIDEO (From New York Central Park, 1973)
1 - Easy Money
2 - Fragged Dusty Wall Carpet (improvisation)

ADDITIONAL TRACKS - 24/48 LPCM only
1 - We'll Let You Know (unedited version from "The Great Deceiver")
2 - Dr. Diamond (from 23-6-73)
3 - Guts On My Side (composite audio from 2 sources)
4 - The Night Watch (7" Single Edit - Stereo) (needle-drop)
5 - The Night Watch (7" Single Edit - US Mono Radio Promo) (needle-drop)
6 - Radio Spot (30 second version)
7 - Radio Spot (60 second version)

Nope - on the 30th anniversary edition it is an alternate take.
At least, this is what the spreadsheet I got from DGM tells me........
plus Bill Bruford coupled with Tony Levin's bass is tighter than a metronome ....it's easy to see why it may be thought of as an alt mix instead of an alt take.

There are changes now as well......I am going to go & edit the listings.

OK, I've always understood that it was an alternative mix, but that might be wrong.

Also, I think it originally spells Thela Hun Ginjeet.

Ok, thanks for the update Neil!

So the CD bonus track listings are still the same?

What about the Zurich tracks on the S&BB DVD? Are they still on?

Actually I used a $100 bill to light my Victory Cigar as the Boston Bruins became the 2011 Stanley Cup Champions last month. There were no $50 bills available as the fans in Vancouver had all of them ready to use as
confetti for the Championship Parade they planned after game two. . .

They ultimately used them to set fire to their city after game 7 ;-)

As a lifelong Vancouver Canucks fan (and as with 99.99% of us, supremely pissed at the moron rioters) all I can say is.....OUCH!!!! :)

Ok, thanks for the update Neil!

You're welcome.

So the CD bonus track listings are still the same?

Yep.

What about the Zurich tracks on the S&BB DVD? Are they still on?

Yes again - the only changes are what has just been listed.
Some stuff has been added - the needledrops for example, where a 12" vinyl of "Elephant Talk" surfaced, and nobody has any idea who mixed it either.
Also the ultra-rare mono US Radio Promo of "The Night Watch", as well as the stereo edit (not as rare but still interesting).

The OGWT footage looks gorgeous too.

You're welcome.

Yep.

Yes again - the only changes are what has just been listed.
Some stuff has been added - the needledrops for example, where a 12" vinyl of "Elephant Talk" surfaced, and nobody has any idea who mixed it either.
Also the ultra-rare mono US Radio Promo of "The Night Watch", as well as the stereo edit (not as rare but still interesting).

The OGWT footage looks gorgeous too.

Great to hear about the OGWT footage. How does the Central Park '73 footage look?

Also, Steven Wilson said the reason why the Larks' realease has been delayed is because DGM is still trying to locate and clear some footage for the DVD. I assume it's the Beat Club footage from '72

C'mon October!

Pre-ordered of course!

These offerings look to be absolutely delicious.:smokin

These offerings look to be absolutely delicious.:smokin

Absolutely. So far, I think that "Discipline" is my personal favourite. Special memories too as the very small UK tour in '82 stopped at Dunstable Queensway Hall (sadly now a Tescos)
where I was just starting out as a member of the local stage crew - went on my first tour a few weeks later.
But I digress......
The new mixes are outstanding. Steven just seems to keep getting better and better all the time, and the new stereo mix is a revelation as well as the superb 5.1 mix.

To me there was always something regrettably 'thin' about the sound (not the musicianship!) of Discipline. So I'm really looking forward to the remixes.

Back