King Crimson DVD-A Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably closer to November; pre-order dates can change.

Larks Tongues In Aspic is neither finalized in content or scheduled as yet, so watch for that sometime in 2012.

I'm really interested to hear the 5.1 mix of Discipline- between the way the guitar lines weave together (as well the Stick where applicable) and Bruford's use of octobons in place of a ride cymbal and/or hi-hat pattern on most of the record, it has the potential to really encircle the listener in an amazing way.

I put in my pre order to Amazon for both new titles just now!! Can't wait!! I am only familiar with a couple cuts from the Discipline album and none of Starless and Bible Black. So these will be new and uncharted territory for me.

Thanks again for the heads up!

I said it before and I'll say it again:

Even though this is not the world that I was promised as a kid, there are a few things that make up for it:

AND THIS IS ONE OF THEM!!!
KING CRIMSON REMIXED IN SURROUND!!! AND HOW!!!!

whew!

Besides, bands like Genesis(ALL of their releases- in spite of the extra super sizzling over the top highs on the boxes , EXCEPT the -thank goodness- PG ones), and at least one by Yes, ...and Rush, coming around the corner!!

Well, I can't wait to hear the ones that I'm really familiar with since I had NEVER listened to ITWOP, Islands and was BARELY familiar with Lizards before they were released on DVD-A! (I'm right now digging Islands, KC is an EXTREMELY dense band and you have to go slowly and carefully!!)

Not to mention the GREAT team that does the "QC" on the discs who are ALL members here, especially Jon Urban , who we all should be thankful for running such an elegant and informative Forum (¡Gracias Mil , Jon!)..and least but never least, the great wizard (or warlock), Mr. Neil Wilkes , who is in charge of the authoring.

I feel honored to have these guys as "mates", at least in this Forum (you lucky guys!)...may it all be as good as this!!!!!!

Cheers to all...

Not to mention the GREAT team that does the "QC" on the discs who are ALL members here, especially Jon Urban , who we all should be thankful for running such an elegant and informative Forum (¡Gracias Mil , Jon!)..and least but never least, the great wizard (or warlock), Mr. Neil Wilkes , who is in charge of the authoring.

I feel honored to have these guys as "mates", at least in this Forum (you lucky guys!)...may it all be as good as this!!!!!!

Cheers to all...

WOW! I could not have said it better.

Thanks to all that make these releases happen. We are fortunate to say the least. :smokin

That's a BIG DITTO for me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You definitely have a lot to enjoy if you get into surround sound. I dreamed of having a quad system in the '70's, but never made the plunge. About 12 years ago I became addicted to ebay and reintroduced myself to the idea of quad and I'll be damned, I was now able to get almost everything I dreamed of. Then as I dug in deeper, along came 5.1 and there I went right after it.

As far as being lucky and thankful, I am also thankful that so much good music is mastered or remastered to 5.1. I once thought that anything would be good as long as it was in multichannel format. Well that's not always the case, but some of the best music ever made, especially that of King Crimson has been seen fit to make it even better.

Thank you and keep it going, please!!

Those dates look dated if you know what I mean. Too busy to update the page I guess.

SW solo album coming out on that date...

Actually, it was just on friday last week that he posted on his FB page that he'd received the stock....so the info seems to be date. I'd guess that BS will also be shipping their pre-orders this coming week then?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steven-Wilson-Official-page/114657261887878?ref=ts

3:36am mountain time, Saturday:
My own mail order Headphone Dust now have the 2 new King Crimson remixed reissues in stock: Starless and Bible Black (1974) and Discipline (1981) continue the pattern of the series, released as 2 disc CD/DVDA combinations, including 5.1 surround sound mixes, new stereo mixes, video material, alternate studio material, and live tracks.

I don't think it's BS because that would be pre-meditated; I think it's more about posting information that was written and posted by who-knows-when and without re-checking it when reality has changed the timing. Perhaps it was written for a later time when they had become available and the dates were flat wrong.

We'll likely see it corrected this week.

Oh, by "BS" I meant Burning Shed...not BS...heheheh....I don't think Steven (or his associates) would post they had it if they didn't, especially given his involvement in the the whole project.

I am very excited about Discipline especially! It is one of my favorite albums and hearing it on DVD-A 5.1 will be great!
Has there been any announcement about Beat or Three of a Perfect Pair? I have great respect for 6O's & 70's King
Crimson but have always had a special fondness for the early 80's line up of Adrian Belew Tony Levin Bill Bruford with RF
They were amazing both live and in the studio.

Just got email from Burning Shed - Starless & BB has been shipped! Woohoo!

Yep, I got the same e-mail.

However........ this happened to me last year. I ordered two together, just like this time, and the order was split or sent seperately. I never did recieve the second disc. Not having taken the insurance, I was screwed. My fingers are crossed once again.

Also have an email from Burning Shed saying S&BB has shipped… now lets see how long it takes to get to the other side of the world.

On the right side of the world already listen to. :phones:(y)
king.jpg

I returned late from work and just listened only "Discipline" And again, the absolute perfection of Multichannel.

I bought in http://rockserwis.pl/serwis.do?menu=main&l=2

The owner is a friend of Steven and has a very good relationship with the Burning Shed, DGM etc.
A year ago, a KC disks were also available earlier than elsewhere.

S&BB arrived today Horray its been a good few weeks for surround !!! Opeth Pink Floyd, now King Crimson, just want that Disapline disc now !!!

On first listen and excellent exaple of the surround mixers art. the two tracks labelled as upmixes dont sound to obviuse with less of a sound quality change that the tracks on 'Poesidon'. Its great that there is a full honesty about them that is for sure.
Its going to take a while to get through all of the content on thsi disc, wow packed with extras.

Back