King Crimson DVD-A Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the cd/dvda of Lizard at Borders for $12.50. I have ITCOKC and like it but have never heard Lizard. For that price should I just buy it?

I saw the cd/dvda of Lizard at Borders for $12.50. I have ITCOKC and like it but have never heard Lizard. For that price should I just buy it?

Well, the Crimson on Lizard is a very different beast than the one on Court, and though it's always been one of my least have KC albums I must say the 5.1 mix really gave it new life. For $12.50 I'd say go for it...

The original mix of "Lizard" apparently never really came out as it was envisaged.
The new stereo mix is much closer to what the original concept was, and is like a new album in many ways.
The surround mix is simply outstanding. I'd certainly say that price is a steal - go for it. Well, well worthwhile.

Definitely!!!

But then I am the Lizard by King Crimson bigot!

Okay, having '73 NYC LTIA material will be great and the Red SABB (French TV) performances are already awesome to have.

The implication as I read it, was live SABB material in NYC during 1973 which cannot be.

the live video on the SABB reissue is Central Park '73- LTIA material on the SABB reissue while the SABB material(live video) was on the RED reissue.

Which makes sense, as Robert has always said SABB was a transitional album between LTIA and Red, and most of it is actually live too.......but with all audience noise carefully edited out.
The live footage on RED was broadcast on March 22, 1974 and with Red recorded between July & August 1974 it really does belong where it is in the schedule.

Which makes sense, as Robert has always said SABB was a transitional album between LTIA and Red, and most of it is actually live too.......but with all audience noise carefully edited out.
The live footage on RED was broadcast on March 22, 1974 and with Red recorded between July & August 1974 it really does belong where it is in the schedule.

Good stuff- i do think it makes a lot of sense given how each record was in no small part a product of live improvs from the previous tour

OK, don't anybody shoot!! It's already late and my eyeballs are drooping.... I already have the 5 existing KC titles in 5.1 and love them. I had heard probably a year or more ago that Lark's Tongues in Aspic was ready to be released any day. I'm sure if I scoured this site I would probably find the answer, but could someone please have mercy on me and tell me the latest news on further releases in this series?

Thank you for your help!!!!

The plan *was* Larks Tongues In Aspic + Starless And Bible Black to be the next two DVDA/CD releases; because it is the 30th anniversary of Discipline, that will replace LTIA for releases later this year. Lark Tongues in 2012....

Thanks a lot for the info. I will have to get to know some new titles for me then. That should be fun!! Of the above titles I'm only familiar with LTIA, but it was always my favorite by KC.

Thanks again for the quick response..

Yesterday I pre-ordered DVD-A of Starless and Bible Black and Discipline at Amazon.de. They want to ship it to met 4th of October 2011.
I can't see any Larks Tongues In Aspic available as pre-order DVD-A.

Markus

Back